Surah Falaq is the 113th surah of the Quran. It is a short surah, consisting of only 5 verses. Surah Falaq is a Makki surah, which means it was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in Makkah.
The theme of Surah Falaq is protection from evil. In this surah, Allah (SWT) tells us how to protect ourselves from evil. We are told to seek refuge in Allah (SWT) from the evil of His creation, from the evil of darkness when it descends, and from the evil of those who practice witchcraft.
This surah is very important for Muslims, as it is a means of protection from evil. We should recite it regularly, especially when we feel that we are under attack from evil forces.
Surah Falaq Arabic
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
1. قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ الْفَلَقِ
2. مِنْ شَرِّ مَا خَلَقَ
3. وَمِنْ شَرِّ غَاسِقٍ إِذَا وَقَبَ
4. وَمِنْ شَرِّ النَّفَّاثَاتِ فِي الْعُقَدِ
5. وَمِنْ شَرِّ حَاسِدٍ إِذَا حَسَدَ
English Translation of Surah Falaq | Surah roman English translation
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- Say: I seek refuge with the Lord of the Dawn
- From the mischief of created things;
- From the mischief of Darkness as it overspreads;
- From the mischief of those who practise secret arts;
- And from the mischief of the envious one as he practises envy.
Transliteration of Surah Falaq
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Qul a’oozu bi rabbil-falaq
- Min sharri maa khalaq
- Wa min sharri ghaasiqin izaa waqab
- Wa min sharrin-naffaa-saati fil ‘uqad
- Wa min sharri haasidin izaa hasad
Surah Falaq Tafseer in English
By Abul A’la Maududi