Surah Al-Ghaashiyah Arabic
English Translation of Surah Al-Ghaashiyah
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- Has the story reached thee of the overwhelming (Event)?
- Some faces, that Day, will be humiliated,
- Labouring (hard), weary,-
- The while they enter the Blazing Fire,-
- The while they are given, to drink, of a boiling hot spring,
- No food will there be for them but a bitter Dhari�
- Which will neither nourish nor satisfy hunger.
- (Other) faces that Day will be joyful,
- Pleased with their striving,-
- In a Garden on high,
- Where they shall hear no (word) of vanity:
- Therein will be a bubbling spring:
- Therein will be Thrones (of dignity), raised on high,
- Goblets placed (ready),
- And cushions set in rows,
- And rich carpets (all) spread out.
- Do they not look at the Camels, how they are made?-
- And at the Sky, how it is raised high?-
- And at the Mountains, how they are fixed firm?-
- And at the Earth, how it is spread out?
- Therefore do thou give admonition, for thou art one to admonish.
- Thou art not one to manage (men�s) affairs.
- But if any turn away and reject Allah,-
- Allah will punish him with a mighty Punishment,
- For to Us will be their return;
- Then it will be for Us to call them to account.
Transliteration of Surah Al-Ghaashiyah
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Hal ataaka hadeesul ghaashiyah
- Wujoohuny yawma ‘izin khaashi’ah
- ‘Aamilatun naasibah
- Taslaa naaran haamiyah
- Tusqaa min ‘aynin aaniyah
- Laisa lahum ta’aamun illaa min daree’
- Laa yusminu wa laa yughnee min joo’
- Wujoohuny yawma ‘izin naa’imah
- Lisa’yihaa raadiyah
- Fee jannatin ‘aaliyah
- Laa tasma’u feehaa laaghiyah
- Feehaa ‘aynun jaariyah
- Feehaa sururum marfoo’ah
- Wa akwaabum mawzoo’ah
- Wa namaariqu masfoofah
- Wa zaraabiyyu mabsoosah
- Afalaa yanzuroona ilalibili kaifa khuliqat
- Wa ilas samaaa’i kaifa rufi’at
- Wa ilal jibaali kaifa nusibat
- Wa ilal ardi kaifa sutihat
- Fazakkir innama anta Muzakkir
- Lasta ‘alaihim bimusaitir
- Illaa man tawallaa wa kafar
- Fa yu’azzibuhul laahul ‘azaabal akbar
- Innaa ilainaaa iyaabahum
- Summa inna ‘alainaa hisaabahum
Surah Al-Ghaashiyah Tafseer in English
By Abul A’la Maududi
The Surah takes its name from the word al-ghishiyah in the first verse.