76 to 100 Surah
87. Surah Al-Ala | The Most High
Surah Al-Ala Arabic
English Translation of Surah Al-Ala
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- Glorify the name of thy Guardian-Lord Most High,
- Who hath created, and further, given order and proportion;
- Who hath ordained laws. And granted guidance;
- And Who bringeth out the (green and luscious) pasture,
- And then doth make it (but) swarthy stubble.
- By degrees shall We teach thee to declare (the Message), so thou shalt not forget,
- Except as Allah wills: For He knoweth what is manifest and what is hidden.
- And We will make it easy for thee (to follow) the simple (Path).
- Therefore give admonition in case the admonition profits (the hearer).
- The admonition will be received by those who fear (Allah):
- But it will be avoided by those most unfortunate ones,
- Who will enter the Great Fire,
- In which they will then neither die nor live.
- But those will prosper who purify themselves,
- And glorify the name of their Guardian-Lord, and (lift their hearts) in prayer.
- Day (behold), ye prefer the life of this world;
- But the Hereafter is better and more enduring.
- And this is in the Books of the earliest (Revelation),-
- The Books of Abraham and Moses.
Transliteration of Surah Al-Ala
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Sabbihisma Rabbikal A’laa
- Allazee khalaqa fasawwaa
- Wallazee qaddara fahadaa
- Wallazeee akhrajal mar’aa
- Faja’alahoo ghusaaa’an ahwaa
- Sanuqri’uka falaa tansaaa
- Illaa maa shaaa’al laah; innahoo ya’lamul jahra wa maa yakhfaa
- Wa nu-yassiruka lilyusraa
- Fazakkir in nafa’atizzikraa
- Sa yazzakkaru maiyakhshaa
- Wa yatajannabuhal ashqaa
- Allazee yaslan Naaral kubraa
- Summa laa yamootu feehaa wa laa yahyaa
- Qad aflaha man tazakkaa
- Wa zakaras ma Rabbihee fasallaa
- Bal tu’siroonal hayaatad dunyaa
- Wal Aakhiratu khairunw wa abqaa
- Inna haazaa lafis suhu fil oolaa
- Suhufi Ibraaheema wa Moosaa
Surah Al-Ala Tafseer in English
By Abul A’la Maududi
The Surah takes its name from the word al-A`la in the very first verse.