76 to 100 Surah
86. Surah At-Tariq | The Night Comer
Surah At-Tariq Arabic
English Translation of Surah At-Tariq
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- By the Sky and the Night-Visitant (therein);-
- And what will explain to thee what the Night-Visitant is?-
- (It is) the Star of piercing brightness;-
- There is no soul but has a protector over it.
- Now let man but think from what he is created!
- He is created from a drop emitted-
- Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs:
- Surely (Allah) is able to bring him back (to life)!
- The Day that (all) things secret will be tested,
- (Man) will have no power, and no helper.
- By the Firmament which returns (in its round),
- And by the Earth which opens out (for the gushing of springs or the sprouting of vegetation),-
- Behold this is the Word that distinguishes (Good from Evil):
- It is not a thing for amusement.
- As for them, they are but plotting a scheme,
- And I am planning a scheme.
- Therefore grant a delay to the Unbelievers: Give respite to them gently (for awhile).
Transliteration of Surah At-Tariq
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Wassamaaa’i wattaariq
- Wa maaa adraaka mattaariq
- Annajmus saaqib
- In kullu nafsil lammaa ‘alaihaa haafiz
- Fal yanzuril insaanu mimma khuliq
- Khuliqa mim maaa’in daafiq
- Yakhruju mim bainissulbi wat taraaa’ib
- Innahoo ‘alaa raj’ihee laqaadir
- Yawma tublas saraaa’ir
- Famaa lahoo min quwwatinw wa laa naasir
- Wassamaaa’i zaatir raj’
- Wal ardi zaatis sad’
- Innahoo laqawlun fasl
- Wa maa huwa bil hazl
- Innahum yakeedoona kaidaa
- Wa akeedu kaidaa
- Famahhilil kaafireena amhilhum ruwaidaa
Surah At-Tariq Tafseer in English
By Abul A’la Maududi
The Surah taken its name from the word at-tariq in its first verse.