76 to 100 Surah
85. Surah Al-Burooj | The Big Stars
Surah Al-Burooj Arabic
English Translation of Surah Al-Burooj
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- By the sky, (displaying) the Zodiacal Signs;
- By the promised Day (of Judgment);
- By one that witnesses, and the subject of the witness;-
- Woe to the makers of the pit (of fire),
- Fire supplied (abundantly) with fuel:
- Behold! they sat over against the (fire),
- And they witnessed (all) that they were doing against the Believers.
- And they ill-treated them for no other reason than that they believed in Allah, Exalted in Power, Worthy of all Praise!-
- Him to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth! And Allah is Witness to all things.
- Those who persecute (or draw into temptation) the Believers, men and women, and do not turn in repentance, will have the Penalty of Hell: They will have the Penalty of the Burning Fire.
- For those who believe and do righteous deeds, will be Gardens; beneath which rivers flow: That is the great Salvation, (the fulfilment of all desires),
- Truly strong is the Grip (and Power) of thy Lord.
- It is He Who creates from the very beginning, and He can restore (life).
- And He is the Oft-Forgiving, Full of Loving-Kindness,
- Lord of the Throne of Glory,
- Doer (without let) of all that He intends.
- Has the story reached thee, of the forces-
- Of Pharaoh and the Thamud?
- And yet the Unbelievers (persist) in rejecting (the Truth)!
- But Allah doth encompass them from behind!
- Day, this is a Glorious Qur�an,
- (Inscribed) in a Tablet Preserved!
Transliteration of Surah Al-Burooj
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Wassamaaa’i zaatil burooj
- Wal yawmil maw’ood
- Wa shaahidinw wa mashhood
- Qutila as haabul ukhdood
- Annaari zaatil waqood
- Iz hum ‘alaihaa qu’ood
- Wa hum ‘alaa maa yaf’aloona bilmu ‘mineena shuhood
- Wa maa naqamoo minhum illaaa aiyu’minoo billaahil ‘azeezil Hameed
- Allazee lahoo mulkus samaawaati wal ard; wallaahu ‘alaa kulli shai ‘in Shaheed
- Innal lazeena fatanul mu’mineena wal mu’minaati summa lam yatooboo falahum ‘azaabu Jahannama wa lahum ‘azaabul hareeq
- Innal lazeena aamanoo wa ‘amilus saalihaati lahum Jannaatun tajree min tahtihal anhaar; zaalikal fawzul kabeer
- Inna batsha Rabbika lashadeed
- Innahoo Huwa yubdi’u wa yu’eed
- Wa Huwal Ghafoorul Wadood
- Zul ‘Arshil Majeed
- Fa’ ‘aalul limaa yureed
- Hal ataaka hadeesul junood
- Fir’awna wa Samood
- Balil lazeena kafaroo fee takzeeb
- Wallaahu minw waraaa’ihim muheet
- Bal huwa Quraanum Majeed
- Fee Lawhim Mahfooz
Surah Al-Burooj Tafseer in English
The Surah is so designated after the word al buruj appearing in the first verse.