76 to 100 Surah
80. Surah Abasa | He Frowned
Surah Abasa Arabic
English Translation of Surah Abasa
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- (The Prophet) frowned and turned away,
- Because there came to him the blind man (interrupting).
- But what could tell thee but that perchance he might grow (in spiritual understanding)?-
- Or that he might receive admonition, and the teaching might profit him?
- As to one who regards Himself as self-sufficient,
- To him dost thou attend;
- Though it is no blame to thee if he grow not (in spiritual understanding).
- But as to him who came to thee striving earnestly,
- And with fear (in his heart),
- Of him wast thou unmindful.
- By no means (should it be so)! For it is indeed a Message of instruction:
- Therefore let whoso will, keep it in remembrance.
- (It is) in Books held (greatly) in honour,
- Exalted (in dignity), kept pure and holy,
- (Written) by the hands of scribes-
- Honourable and Pious and Just.
- Woe to man! What hath made him reject Allah;
- From what stuff hath He created him?
- From a sperm-drop: He hath created him, and then mouldeth him in due proportions;
- Then doth He make His path smooth for him;
- Then He causeth him to die, and putteth him in his grave;
- Then, when it is His Will, He will raise him up (again).
- By no means hath he fulfilled what Allah hath commanded him.
- Then let man look at his food, (and how We provide it):
- For that We pour forth water in abundance,
- And We split the earth in fragments,
- And produce therein corn,
- And Grapes and nutritious plants,
- And Olives and Dates,
- And enclosed Gardens, dense with lofty trees,
- And fruits and fodder,-
- For use and convenience to you and your cattle.
- At length, when there comes the Deafening Noise,-
- That Day shall a man flee from his own brother,
- And from his mother and his father,
- And from his wife and his children.
- Each one of them, that Day, will have enough concern (of his own) to make him indifferent to the others.
- Some faces that Day will be beaming,
- Laughing, rejoicing.
- And other faces that Day will be dust-stained,
- Blackness will cover them:
- Such will be the Rejecters of Allah, the doers of iniquity.
Transliteration of Surah Abasa
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- ‘Abasa wa tawallaa.
- An jaa-ahul ‘a-maa
- Wa maa yudreeka la’allahu yaz zakkaa.
- Aw yazzakkaru fatanfa ‘ahuz zikraa.
- Amma manis taghnaa
- Fa-anta lahu tasaddaa
- Wa ma ‘alaika allaa yaz zakka.
- Wa amma man jaa-aka yas’a
- Wahuwa yakhshaa,
- Fa-anta ‘anhu talah haa.
- Kalla innaha tazkirah
- Faman shaa a zakarah
- Fi suhufim mukar rama,
- Marfoo’atim mutah hara,
- Bi’aidee safara
- Kiraamim bararah.
- Qutilal-insanu maa akfarah.
- Min aiyyi shai-in Khalaq
- Min nutfatin khalaqahoo faqaddarah.
- Thummas sabeela yas-sarah
- Thumma amatahu fa-aqbarah
- Thumma iza shaa-a ansharah
- Kalla lamma yaqdi maa amarah.
- Falyanzuril insanu ilaa ta-amih
- Anna sabab nalmaa-a sabba.
- Thumma sha qaqnal-arda shaqqa.
- Fa ambatna feeha habba
- Wa ‘inabaw-wa qadba
- Wa zaitoonaw wanakh la’
- Wa hadaa-iqa ghulba
- Wa faki hataw-wa abba.
- Mata’al-lakum wa li-an’amikum.
- Faiza jaa-atis saakhah.
- Yauma yafir-rul mar-u min akheeh
- Wa ummihee wa abeeh
- Wa sahi batihee wa baneeh.
- Likul limri-im-minhum yawmaa-izin shaa nuy-yughneeh
- Wujoo huny-yauma-izim-musfira;
- Dahi katum mustab shirah
- Wa wujoohuy yauma-izin ‘alaiha ghabar a
- Tarhaquha qatarah.
- Ulaa-ika humul-kafa ratul-fajarah.
Surah Abasa Tafseer in English
By Abul A’la Maududi
The Surah is so designated after the word `abasa with which it opens.