51 to 75 Surah
65. Surah At-Talaq | Divorce
Surah At-Talaq Arabic
English Translation of Surah At-Talaq
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- O Prophet! When ye do divorce women, divorce them at their prescribed periods, and count (accurately), their prescribed periods: And fear Allah your Lord: and turn them not out of their houses, nor shall they (themselves) leave, except in case they are guilty of some open lewdness, those are limits set by Allah: and any who transgresses the limits of Allah, does verily wrong his (own) soul: thou knowest not if perchance Allah will bring about thereafter some new situation.
- Thus when they fulfil their term appointed, either take them back on equitable terms or part with them on equitable terms; and take for witness two persons from among you, endued with justice, and establish the evidence (as) before Allah. Such is the admonition given to him who believes in Allah and the Last Day. And for those who fear Allah, He (ever) prepares a way out,
- And He provides for him from (sources) he never could imagine. And if any one puts his trust in Allah, sufficient is (Allah) for him. For Allah will surely accomplish his purpose: verily, for all things has Allah appointed a due proportion.
- Such of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the prescribed period, if ye have any doubts, is three months, and for those who have no courses (it is the same): for those who carry (life within their wombs), their period is until they deliver their burdens: and for those who fear Allah, He will make their path easy.
- That is the Command of Allah, which He has sent down to you: and if any one fears Allah, He will remove his ills, from him, and will enlarge his reward.
- Let the women live (in �iddat) in the same style as ye live, according to your means: Annoy them not, so as to restrict them. And if they carry (life in their wombs), then spend (your substance) on them until they deliver their burden: and if they suckle your (offspring), give them their recompense: and take mutual counsel together, according to what is just and reasonable. And if ye find yourselves in difficulties, let another woman suckle (the child) on the (father�s) behalf.
- Let the man of means spend according to his means: and the man whose resources are restricted, let him spend according to what Allah has given him. Allah puts no burden on any person beyond what He has given him. After a difficulty, Allah will soon grant relief.
- How many populations that insolently opposed the Command of their Lord and of His messengers, did We not then call to account,- to severe account?- and We imposed on them an exemplary Punishment.
- Then did they taste the evil result of their conduct, and the End of their conduct was Perdition.
- Allah has prepared for them a severe Punishment (in the Hereafter). Therefore fear Allah, O ye men of understanding – who have believed!- for Allah hath indeed sent down to you a Message,-
- An Messenger, who rehearses to you the Signs of Allah containing clear explanations, that he may lead forth those who believe and do righteous deeds from the depths of Darkness into Light. And those who believe in Allah and work righteousness, He will admit to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, to dwell therein for ever: Allah has indeed granted for them a most excellent Provision.
- Allah is He Who created seven Firmaments and of the earth a similar number. Through the midst of them (all) descends His Command: that ye may know that Allah has power over all things, and that Allah comprehends, all things in (His) Knowledge.
Transliteration of Surah At-Talaq
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Yaaa ayyuhan nabiyyu izaa tallaqtummun nisaaa’a fatalliqoohunna li’iddatihinna wa ahsul’iddata wattaqul laaha rabbakum; laa tukhri joohunna min bu-yootihinna wa laa yakhrujna illaaa any ya’teena bifaahishatim mubaiyinah; wa tilka hudoodul laah; wa many yata’adda hudoodal laahi faqad zalama nafsah; laa tadree la’allal laaha yuhdisu ba’dazaalika amraa
- Fa izaa balaghna ajalahunna fa amsikoohunna bima’roofin aw faariqoohunna bima’roofinw wa ashhidoo zawai ‘adlim minkum wa aqeemush shahaadata lillaah; zaalikum yoo’azu bihee man kaana yu’minu billaahi wal yawmil aakhir; wa many yattaqil laaha yaj’al lahoo makhrajaa
- Wa yarzuqhu min haisu laa yahtasib; wa many yatawakkal ‘alal laahi fahuwa hasbuh; innal laaha baalighu amrih; qad ja’alal laahu likulli shai’in qadraa
- Wallaaa’ee ya’isna minal maheedi min nisaaa ‘ikum inir tabtum fa’iddatuhunna salaasatu ashhurinw wallaaa’ee lam yahidn; wa ulaatul ahmaali ajaluhunna any yada’na hamlahun; wa many yattaqil laaha yaj’al lahoo min amrihee yusraa
- Zaalika amrul laahi anzalahoo ilaikum; wa many yattaqil laaha yukaffir ‘anhu saiyi aatihee wa yu’zim lahoo ajraa
- Askinoohunna min haisu sakantum minw wujdikum wa laa tudaaarroohunna litudaiyiqoo ‘alaihinn; wa in kunna ulaati hamlin fa anfiqoo ‘alaihinna hattaa yada’na hamlahunn; fain arda’na lakum fa aatoo hunna ujoorahunn; wa’tamiroo bainakum bima’roofinw wa in ta’aasartum fasaturdi’u lahooo ukhraa
- Liyunfiq zoo sa’atim min sa’atih; wa man qudira ‘alaihi rizquhoo falyunfiq mimmaaa aataahul laah; laa yukalliful laahu nafsan illaa maaa aataahaa; sa yaj’alul laahu ba’da’usriny yusraa
- Wa ka ayyim min qaryatin ‘atat ‘an amri Rabbihaa wa Rusulihee fahaasabnaahaa hisaaban shadeedanw wa ‘azzabnaahaa ‘azaaban nukraa
- Fazaaqat wabbala amrihaa wa kaana ‘aaqibatu amrihaa khusraa
- A’addal laahu lahum ‘azaaban shadeedan fattaqul laaha yaaa ulil albaab, allazeena aammanoo; qad anzalal laahu ilaikum zikraa
- Rasoolany yatloo ‘alaikum aayaatil laahi mubaiyinaatil liyukhrijal lazeena aamanoo wa ‘amilus saalihaati minaz zulumaati ilan noor; wa many yu’min billaahi wa ya’mal saalihany yudkhilhu jannaatin tajree min tahtihal anhaaru khaalideena feehaa abadaa qad ahsanal laahu lahoo rizqaa
- Allaahul lazee khalaqa Sab’a Samaawaatinw wa minal ardi mislahunna yatanazzalul amru bainahunna lita’lamooo annal laaha ‘alaa kulli shai’in Qadeerunw wa annal laaha qad ahaata bikulli shai’in ‘ilmaa
Surah At-Talaq Tafseer in English
At-Talaq is not only the name of this Surah but also the title of its subject matter, for it contains commandments about Talaq (divorce) itself. Hadrat `Abdullah bin Mas`ud has described it as Surah an-Nisa al-qusra also, i.e. the shorter Surah an-Nisa.