Surah As-Saff Arabic
English Translation of Surah As-Saff
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- Whatever is in the heavens and on earth, let it declare the Praises and Glory of Allah: for He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
- O ye who believe! Why say ye that which ye do not?
- Grievously odious is it in the sight of Allah that ye say that which ye do not.
- Truly Allah loves those who fight in His Cause in battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structure.
- And remember, Moses said to his people: “O my people! why do ye vex and insult me, though ye know that I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you?” Then when they went wrong, Allah let their hearts go wrong. For Allah guides not those who are rebellious transgressors.
- And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said: “O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me, and giving Glad Tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad.” But when he came to them with Clear Signs, they said, “this is evident sorcery!”
- Who doth greater wrong than one who invents falsehood against Allah, even as he is being invited to Islam? And Allah guides not those who do wrong.
- Their intention is to extinguish Allah�s Light (by blowing) with their mouths: But Allah will complete (the revelation of) His Light, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it).
- It is He Who has sent His Messenger with Guidance and the Religion of Truth, that he may proclaim it over all religion, even though the Pagans may detest (it).
- O ye who believe! Shall I lead you to a bargain that will save you from a grievous Penalty?-
- That ye believe in Allah and His Messenger, and that ye strive (your utmost) in the Cause of Allah, with your property and your persons: That will be best for you, if ye but knew!
- He will forgive you your sins, and admit you to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, and to beautiful mansions in Gardens of Eternity: that is indeed the Supreme Achievement.
- And another (favour will He bestow,) which ye do love,- help from Allah and a speedy victory. So give the Glad Tidings to the Believers.
- O ye who believe! Be ye helpers of Allah: As said Jesus the son of Mary to the Disciples, “Who will be my helpers to (the work of) Allah?” Said the disciples, “We are Allah�s helpers!” then a portion of the Children of Israel believed, and a portion disbelieved: But We gave power to those who believed, against their enemies, and they became the ones that prevailed.
Transliteration of Surah As-Saff
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Sabbaha lillaahi maa fisamaawaati wa maa fil ardi wa huwal ‘Azeezul Hakeem
- Yaa ayyuhal lazeena aamanoo lima taqooloona maa laa taf’aloon
- Kabura maqtan ‘indal laahi an taqooloo maa laa taf’aloon
- Innal laaha yuhibbul lazeena yuqaatiloona fee sabeelihee saffan ka annahum bunyaanum marsoos
- Wa iz qaala Moosa liqawmihee yaa qawmi lima tu’zoonanee wa qat ta’lamoona annee Rasoolul laahi ilaikum falammaa zaaghooo azaaghal laahu quloobahum; wallaahu laa yahdil qawmal faasiqeen
- Wa iz qaala ‘Eesab-nu-Maryama yaa Banee Israaa’eela innee Rasoolul laahi ilaikum musaddiqal limaa baina yadayya minat Tawraati wa mubashshiram bi Rasooliny yaatee mim ba’dis muhooo Ahmad; falammaa jaaa’ahum bil baiyinaati qaaloo haazaa sihrum mubeen
- Wa man azlamu mimma nif taraa ‘alal laahil kaziba wa huwa yad’aaa ilal Islaam; wallaahu laa yahdil qawmaz zaalimeen
- Yureedoona liyutfi’oo nooral laahi bi afwaahihim wallaahu mutimmu noorihee wa law karihal kaafiroon
- Huwal lazee arsala Rasoolahoo bilhudaa wa deenil haqqi liyuzhirahoo ‘alad deeni kullihee wa law karihal mushrikoon
- Yaaa ayyuhal lazeena aamanoo hal adullukum ‘alaa tijaaratin tunjeekum min ‘azaabin aleem
- Tu’minoona billaahi wa Rasoolihee wa tujaahidoona fee sabeelil laahi bi amwaalikum wa anfusikum; zaalikum khairul lakum in kuntum ta’lamoon
- Yaghfir lakum zunoobakum wa yudkhilkum Jannaatin tajree min tahtihal anhaaru wa masaakina taiyibatan fee Jannaati ‘Adn; zaalikal fawzul ‘Azeem
- Wa ukhraa tuhibboonahaa nasrum minal laahi wa fat hun qareeb; wa bashshiril mu ‘mineen
- Yaaa ayyuhal lazeena aamanoo koonooo ansaaral laahi kamaa qaala ‘Eesab-nu-Maryama lil Hawaariyyeena man ansaareee ilal laah; qaalal Hawaariyyoona nahnu ansaa rul laahi fa aamanat taaa’ifatum mim Banee Israaa’eela wa kafarat taaa’ifatun fa ayyadnal lazeena aamanoo ‘alaa ‘aduwwihim fa asbahoo zaahireen
Surah As-Saff Tafseer in English
The Surah derives its name from the sentence yuqatiluna fi sabil-i- hlsaff-an of verse 4; thereby implying that it is a Surah in which the word saff occurred.