24. Surah Al-Noor | The Light
Surah Al-Noor (The Light) is the 64th surah of the Qur’an. It contains 24 ayahs (verses). The surah addresses the issue of proper social behavior, emphasizing the need to shun false pride, backbiting, and slander.
The surah opens with a discussion of the nature of light and darkness. Allah is the light of the heavens and the earth, and His light is like a niche in which there is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass, and the glass is as if it were a shining star. The surah then goes on to describe those who disbelieve in Allah and His Messenger. They are like one who tries to light a fire, but the fire does not catch. They are like darkness on a dark night.
The surah then describes the believers. They are like those who Allah has given a lamp, and they walk by it, and they are not afraid of the darkness. They are also like those who are in a safe place, from the terror of the night.
The surah then goes on to describe the Day of Judgment. On that day, the disbelievers will be in darkness, and the believers will be in the light. The disbelievers will be in the Fire, and the believers will be in Paradise.
The surah then concludes with a discussion of the rewards of those who believe and do good deeds. They will have gardens in which they will live forever. They will have whatever they wish. They will be with those who they love.
Surah Al-Noor Arabic
Surah Al-Noor English Translation
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- A sura which We have sent down and which We have ordained in it have We sent down Clear Signs, in order that ye may receive admonition.
- The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication,- flog each of them with a hundred stripes: Let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day: and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment.
- Let no man guilty of adultery or fornication marry and but a woman similarly guilty, or an Unbeliever: nor let any but such a man or an Unbeliever marry such a woman: to the Believers such a thing is forbidden.
- And those who launch a charge against chaste women, and produce not four witnesses (to support their allegations),- flog them with eighty stripes; and reject their evidence ever after: for such men are wicked transgressors;-
- Unless they repent thereafter and mend (their conduct); for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
- And for those who launch a charge against their spouses, and have (in support) no evidence but their own,- their solitary evidence (can be received) if they bear witness four times (with an oath) by Allah that they are solemnly telling the truth;
- And the fifth (oath) (should be) that they solemnly invoke the curse of Allah on themselves if they tell a lie.
- But it would avert the punishment from the wife, if she bears witness four times (with an oath) By Allah, that (her husband) is telling a lie;
- And the fifth (oath) should be that she solemnly invokes the wrath of Allah on herself if (her accuser) is telling the truth.
- If it were not for Allah�s grace and mercy on you, and that Allah is Oft-Returning, full of Wisdom,- (Ye would be ruined indeed).
- Those who brought forward the lie are a body among yourselves: think it not to be an evil to you; On the contrary it is good for you: to every man among them (will come the punishment) of the sin that he earned, and to him who took on himself the lead among them, will be a penalty grievous.
- Why did not the believers – men and women – when ye heard of the affair,- put the best construction on it in their own minds and say, “This (charge) is an obvious lie”?
- Why did they not bring four witnesses to prove it? When they have not brought the witnesses, such men, in the sight of Allah, (stand forth) themselves as liars!
- Were it not for the grace and mercy of Allah on you, in this world and the Hereafter, a grievous penalty would have seized you in that ye rushed glibly into this affair.
- Behold, ye received it on your tongues, and said out of your mouths things of which ye had no knowledge; and ye thought it to be a light matter, while it was most serious in the sight of Allah.
- And why did ye not, when ye heard it, say? – “It is not right of us to speak of this: Glory to Allah! this is a most serious slander!”
- Allah doth admonish you, that ye may never repeat such (conduct), if ye are (true) Believers.
- And Allah makes the Signs plain to you: for Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom.
- Those who love (to see) scandal published broadcast among the Believers, will have a grievous Penalty in this life and in the Hereafter: Allah knows, and ye know not.
- Were it not for the grace and mercy of Allah on you, and that Allah is full of kindness and mercy, (ye would be ruined indeed).
- O ye who believe! follow not Satan�s footsteps: if any will follow the footsteps of Satan, he will (but) command what is shameful and wrong: and were it not for the grace and mercy of Allah on you, not one of you would ever have been pure: but Allah doth purify whom He pleases: and Allah is One Who hears and knows (all things).
- Let not those among you who are endued with grace and amplitude of means resolve by oath against helping their kinsmen, those in want, and those who have left their homes in Allah�s cause: let them forgive and overlook, do you not wish that Allah should forgive you? For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
- Those who slander chaste women, indiscreet but believing, are cursed in this life and in the Hereafter: for them is a grievous Penalty,-
- On the Day when their tongues, their hands, and their feet will bear witness against them as to their actions.
- On that Day Allah will pay them back (all) their just dues, and they will realise that Allah is the (very) Truth, that makes all things manifest.
- Women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity: these are not affected by what people say: for them there is forgiveness, and a provision honourable.
- O ye who believe! enter not houses other than your own, until ye have asked permission and saluted those in them: that is best for you, in order that ye may heed (what is seemly).
- If ye find no one in the house, enter not until permission is given to you: if ye are asked to go back, go back: that makes for greater purity for yourselves: and Allah knows well all that ye do.
- It is no fault on your part to enter houses not used for living in, which serve some (other) use for you: And Allah has knowledge of what ye reveal and what ye conceal.
- Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do.
- And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband�s fathers, their sons, their husbands� sons, their brothers or their brothers� sons, or their sisters� sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss.
- Marry those among you who are single, or the virtuous ones among yourselves, male or female: if they are in poverty, Allah will give them means out of His grace: for Allah encompasseth all, and he knoweth all things.
- Let those who find not the wherewithal for marriage keep themselves chaste, until Allah gives them means out of His grace. And if any of your slaves ask for a deed in writing (to enable them to earn their freedom for a certain sum), give them such a deed if ye know any good in them: yea, give them something yourselves out of the means which Allah has given to you. But force not your maids to prostitution when they desire chastity, in order that ye may make a gain in the goods of this life. But if anyone compels them, yet, after such compulsion, is Allah, Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (to them),
- We have already sent down to you verses making things clear, an illustration from (the story of) people who passed away before you, and an admonition for those who fear (Allah).
- Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The Parable of His Light is as if there were a Niche and within it a Lamp: the Lamp enclosed in Glass: the glass as it were a brilliant star: Lit from a blessed Tree, an Olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it: Light upon Light! Allah doth guide whom He will to His Light: Allah doth set forth Parables for men: and Allah doth know all things.
- (Lit is such a Light) in houses, which Allah hath permitted to be raised to honour; for the celebration, in them, of His name: In them is He glorified in the mornings and in the evenings, (again and again),-
- By men whom neither traffic nor merchandise can divert from the Remembrance of Allah, nor from regular Prayer, nor from the practice of regular Charity: Their (only) fear is for the Day when hearts and eyes will be transformed (in a world wholly new),-
- That Allah may reward them according to the best of their deeds, and add even more for them out of His Grace: for Allah doth provide for those whom He will, without measure.
- But the Unbelievers,- their deeds are like a mirage in sandy deserts, which the man parched with thirst mistakes for water; until when he comes up to it, he finds it to be nothing: But he finds Allah (ever) with him, and Allah will pay him his account: and Allah is swift in taking account.
- Or (the Unbelievers� state) is like the depths of darkness in a vast deep ocean, overwhelmed with billow topped by billow, topped by (dark) clouds: depths of darkness, one above another: if a man stretches out his hands, he can hardly see it! for any to whom Allah giveth not light, there is no light!
- Seest thou not that it is Allah Whose praises all beings in the heavens and on earth do celebrate, and the birds (of the air) with wings outspread? Each one knows its own (mode of) prayer and praise. And Allah knows well all that they do.
- Yea, to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth; and to Allah is the final goal (of all).
- Seest thou not that Allah makes the clouds move gently, then joins them together, then makes them into a heap? – then wilt thou see rain issue forth from their midst. And He sends down from the sky mountain masses (of clouds) wherein is hail: He strikes therewith whom He pleases and He turns it away from whom He pleases, the vivid flash of His lightning well-nigh blinds the sight.
- It is Allah Who alternates the Night and the Day: verily in these things is an instructive example for those who have vision!
- And Allah has created every animal from water: of them there are some that creep on their bellies; some that walk on two legs; and some that walk on four. Allah creates what He wills for verily Allah has power over all things.
- We have indeed sent down signs that make things manifest: and Allah guides whom He wills to a way that is straight.
- They say, “We believe in Allah and in the messenger, and we obey”: but even after that, some of them turn away: they are not (really) Believers.
- When they are summoned to Allah and His messenger, in order that He may judge between them, behold some of them decline (to come).
- But if the right is on their side, they come to him with all submission.
- Is it that there is a disease in their hearts? or do they doubt, or are they in fear, that Allah and His Messenger will deal unjustly with them? Nay, it is they themselves who do wrong.
- The answer of the Believers, when summoned to Allah and His Messenger, in order that He may judge between them, is no other than this: they say, “We hear and we obey”: it is such as these that will attain felicity.
- It is such as obey Allah and His Messenger, and fear Allah and do right, that will win (in the end),
- They swear their strongest oaths by Allah that, if only thou wouldst command them, they would leave (their homes). Say: “Swear ye not; Obedience is (more) reasonable; verily, Allah is well acquainted with all that ye do.”
- Say: “Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger: but if ye turn away, he is only responsible for the duty placed on him and ye for that placed on you. If ye obey him, ye shall be on right guidance. The Messenger�s duty is only to preach the clear (Message).
- Allah has promised, to those among you who believe and work righteous deeds, that He will, of a surety, grant them in the land, inheritance (of power), as He granted it to those before them; that He will establish in authority their religion – the one which He has chosen for them; and that He will change (their state), after the fear in which they (lived), to one of security and peace: �They will worship Me (alone) and not associate aught with Me. �If any do reject Faith after this, they are rebellious and wicked.
- So establish regular Prayer and give regular Charity; and obey the Messenger; that ye may receive mercy.
- Never think thou that the Unbelievers are going to frustrate (Allah�s Plan) on earth: their abode is the Fire,- and it is indeed an evil refuge!
- O ye who believe! let those whom your right hands possess, and the (children) among you who have not come of age ask your permission (before they come to your presence), on three occasions: before morning prayer; the while ye doff your clothes for the noonday heat; and after the late-night prayer: these are your three times of undress: outside those times it is not wrong for you or for them to move about attending to each other: Thus does Allah make clear the Signs to you: for Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom.
- But when the children among you come of age, let them (also) ask for permission, as do those senior to them (in age): Thus does Allah make clear His Signs to you: for Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom.
- Such elderly women as are past the prospect of marriage,- there is no blame on them if they lay aside their (outer) garments, provided they make not a wanton display of their beauty: but it is best for them to be modest: and Allah is One Who sees and knows all things.
- It is no fault in the blind nor in one born lame, nor in one afflicted with illness, nor in yourselves, that ye should eat in your own houses, or those of your fathers, or your mothers, or your brothers, or your sisters, or your father�s brothers or your father�s sisters, or your mohter�s brothers, or your mother�s sisters, or in houses of which the keys are in your possession, or in the house of a sincere friend of yours: there is no blame on you, whether ye eat in company or separately. But if ye enter houses, salute each other – a greeting of blessing and purity as from Allah. Thus does Allah make clear the signs to you: that ye may understand.
- Only those are believers, who believe in Allah and His Messenger: when they are with him on a matter requiring collective action, they do not depart until they have asked for his leave; those who ask for thy leave are those who believe in Allah and His Messenger; so when they ask for thy leave, for some business of theirs, give leave to those of them whom thou wilt, and ask Allah for their forgiveness: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
- Deem not the summons of the Messenger among yourselves like the summons of one of you to another: Allah doth know those of you who slip away under shelter of some excuse: then let those beware who withstand the Messenger�s order, lest some trial befall them, or a grievous penalty be inflicted on them.
- Be quite sure that to Allah doth belong whatever is in the heavens and on earth. Well doth He know what ye are intent upon: and one day they will be brought back to Him, and He will tell them the truth of what they did: for Allah doth know all things.
Transliteration of Surah Al-Noor
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Sooratun anzalnaahaa wa faradnaahaa wa anzalnaa feehaaa Aayaatim baiyinaatil la’allakum tazakkaroon
- Azzaaniyatu wazzaanee fajlidoo kulla waahidim minhumaa mi’ata jaldatinw wa laa taakhuzkum bihimaa raafatun fee deenil laahi in kuntum tu’minoona billaahi wal Yawmil Aakhiri wal yashhad ‘azaabahumaa taaa’ifatum minal mu’mineen
- Azzaanee laa yankihu illaa zaaniyatan aw mushrikatanw wazzaaniyatu laa yankihuhaaa illaa zaanin aw mushrik; wa hurrima zaalika ‘alal mu’mineen
- Wallazeena yarmoonal muhsanaati summa lam yaatoo bi-arba’ati shuhadaaa’a fajlidoohum samaaneena jaldatanw wa laa taqbaloo lahum shahaadatan abadaa; wa ulaaa’ika humul faasiqoon
- Illal lazeena taaboo mim ba’di zaalika wa aslahoo fa innal laaha Ghafoorur Raheem
- Wallazeena yarmoona azwaajahum wa lam yakul lahum shuhadaaa’u illaaa anfusuhum fashahaadatu ahadihim arba’u shahaadaatim billaahi innahoo laminas saadiqeen
- Wal khaamisatu anna la’natal laahi ‘alaihi in kaana minal kaazibeen
- Wa yadra’u anhal ‘azaaba an tashhada arba’a shahaa daatim billaahi innahoo laminal kaazibeen
- Wal khaamisata anna ghadabal laahi ‘alaihaaa in kaana minas saadiqeen
- Wa law laa fadlul laahi ‘alaikum wa rahmatuhoo wa annal laaha Tawwaabun Hakeem (section 1)
- Innal lazeena jaaa’oo bilifki ‘usbatum minkum; laa tahsaboohu sharral lakum bal huwa khairul lakum; likul limri’im minhum mak tasaba minal-ism; wallazee tawallaa kibrahoo minhum lahoo ‘azaabun ‘azeem
- Law laaa iz sami’tumoohu zannal mu’minoona walmu’minaatu bi anfusihim khairanw wa qaaloo haazaaa ifkum mubeen
- Law laa jaaa’oo ‘alaihi bi-arba’ati shuhadaaa’; fa iz lam yaatoo bishshuhadaaa’i fa ulaaa ‘ika ‘indal laahi humul kaaziboon
- Wa law laa fadlul laahi ‘alaikum wa rahmatuhoo fiddunyaa wal aakhirati lamassakum fee maaa afadtum feehi ‘azaabun ‘azeem
- Iz talaqqawnahoo bi alsinatikum wa taqooloona bi afwaahikum maa laisa lakum bihee ‘ilmunw wa tahsaboo nahoo haiyinanw wa huwa ‘indal laahi ‘azeem
- Wa law laaa iz sami’tu moohu qultum maa yakoonu lanaaa an natakallama bihaazaa Subhaanaka haaza buhtaanun ‘azeem
- Ya’izukumul laahu an ta’oodoo limisliheee abadan in kuntum mu’mineen
- Wa yubaiyinul laahu lakumul Aayaat; wallaahu ‘Aleemun Hakeem
- Innal lazeena yuhibboona an tashee’al faahishatu fil lazeena aamanoo lahum ‘azaabun aleemun fid dunyaa wal Aakhirah; wallaahu ya’lamu wa antum laa ta’lamoon
- Wa law laa fadlul laahi ‘alaikum wa rahmatuhoo wa annal laaha Ra’oofur Raheem (section 2)
- Yaaa aiyuhal lazeena aamanoo laa tattabi’oo khutuwaatish Shaitaan; wa many-yattabi’ khutuwaatish Shaitaani fa innahoo yaamuru bilfahshaaa’i walmunkar; wa law laa fadlul laahi ‘alaikum wa rahmatuhoo maa zakaa minkum min ahadin abadanw wa laakinnal laaha yuzakkee many-yashaaa’; wallaahu Samee’un ‘Aleem
- Wa laa yaatali ulul fadli minkum wassa’ati ai yu’tooo ulil qurbaa walmasaakeena walmuhaajireena fee sabeelillaahi walya’foo walyasfahoo; alaa tuhibboona ai yaghfiral laahu lakum; wal laahu Ghafoorur Raheem
- Innal lazeena yarmoonal muhsanaatil ghaafilaatil mu’minaati lu’inoo fid dunyaa wal Aakhirati wa lahum ‘azaabun ‘azeem
- Yawma tashhhadu ‘alaihim alsinatuhum wa aideehim wa arjuluhum bimaa kaanoo ya’maloon
- Yawma’iziny yuwaf feehimul laahu deenahumul haqqa wa ya’lamoona annal laaha Huwal Haqqul Mubeen
- Al khabeesaatu lil khabeeseena wal khabeesoona lil khabeesaati wat taiyibaatu lit taiyibeena wat taiyiboona lit taiyibaat; ulaaa’ika mubarra’oona mimma yaqooloona lahum maghfiratunw wa rizqun kareem (section 3)
- Yaaa aiyuhal lazeena aamanoo laa tadkhuloo buyootan ghaira buyootikum hatta tastaanisoo wa tusallimoo ‘allaa ahlihaa; zaalikum khairul lakum la’allakum tazakkaroon
- Fa il lam tajidoo feehaaa ahadan falaa tadkhuloohaa hattaa yu’zana lakum wa in qeela lakumurji’oo farji’oo huwa azkaa lakum; wallaahu bimaa ta’maloona ‘Aleem
- Laisa ‘alaikum junaahun ann tadkhuloo buyootan ghaira maskoonatin feeha mataa’ul lakum; wallaahu ya’lamu maa tubdoona wa maa taktumoon
- Qul lilmu’ mineena yaghuuddoo min absaarihim wa yahfazoo furoojahum; zaalika azkaa lahum; innallaaha khabeerum bimaa yasna’oon
- Wa qul lilmu’minaati yaghdudna min absaarihinna wa yahfazna furoojahunna wa laa yubdeena zeenatahunna illaa maa zahara minhaa wala yadribanna bikhumurihinna ‘alaa juyoobihinna wa laa yubdeena zeenatahunna illaa libu’oolatihinna aw aabaaa’i hinna aw aabaaa’i bu’oolati hinna aw abnaaa’ihinnaa aw abnaaa’i bu’oolatihinnna aw ikhwaanihinnna aw baneee ikhwaanihinna aw banee akhawaatihinna aw nisaaa’i hinna aw maa malakat aimaanuhunna awit taabi’eena ghairi ilil irbati minar rijaali awit tiflillazeena lam yazharoo ‘alaa ‘awraatin nisaaa’i wala yadribnna bi arjulihinna liyu’lama maa yukhfeena min zeenatihinn; wa toobooo ilallaahi jammee’an aiyuhal mu’minoona la’allakum tuflihoon
- Wa ankihul ayaamaa minkum was saaliheena min ‘ibaadikum wa imaa’ikum; iny-yakoonoo fuqaraaa’a yughni himul laahu min fadlih; wal laahu Waasi’un ‘Aleem
- Wal yasta’fifil lazeena laa yajidoona nikaahan hatta yughniyahumul laahu min fadlih; wallazeena yabtaghoonal kitaaba mimmaa malakat aimaanukum fakaatiboohum in ‘alimtum feehim khairanw wa aatoohum mimmaalil laahil lazeee aataakum; wa laa tukrihoo fatayaatikum ‘alal bighaaa’i in aradna tahassunal litabtaghoo ‘aradal hayaatid dunyaa; wa mai yukrihhunna fa innal laaha mim ba’di ikraahihinna Ghafoorur Raheem
- Wa laqad anzalnaaa ilaikum Aayaatim mubaiyinaatinw wa masalam minnal lazeena khalaw min qablikum wa maw’izatal lilmuttaqeen (section 4)
- Allaahu noorus samaawaati wal ard; masalu noorihee kamishkaatin feehaa misbaah; almisbaahu fee zujaajatin azzujaajatu ka annahaa kawkabun durriyyuny yooqadu min shajaratim mubaarakatin zaitoonatil laa shariqiyyatinw wa laa gharbiyyatiny yakaadu zaituhaa yudeee’u wa law lam tamsashu naar; noorun ‘alaa noor; yahdil laahu linoorihee mai yashaaa’; wa yadribul laahul amsaala linnaas; wallaahu bikulli shai’in Aleem
- Fee buyootin azinal laahu an turfa’a wa yuzkara feehasmuhoo yusabbihu lahoo feehaa bilghuduwwi wal aasaal
- Rijaalul laa tulheehim tijaaratunw wa laa bai’un ‘an zikril laahi wa iqaamis Salaati wa eetaaa’iz Zakaati yakhaafoona Yawman tataqallabu feehil quloobu wal absaar
- Liyajziyahumul laahu ahsana maa ‘amiloo wa yazeedahum min fadlih; wal laahu yarzuqu mai yashaaa’u bighairi hisaab
- Wallazeena kafarooo a’maaluhum kasaraabim biqee’atiny yahsabuhuz zamaanu maaa’an hattaaa izaa jaaa’ahoo lam yajid hu shai’anw wa wajadal laaha ‘indahoo fa waffaahu hisaabah; wallaahu saree’ul hisaab
- Aw kazulumaatin fee bahril lujjiyyiny yaghshaahu mawjun min fawqihee mawjun min fawqihee sahaab; zulumatun ba’duhaa fawqa ba’din izaaa akhraja yadahoo lam yakad yaraahaa wa man lam yaj’alil laahu lahoo nooran famaa lahoo min noor (section 5)
- Alam tara annal laaha yusabbihu lahoo man fissamaawaati wal ardi wat tairu saaaffaatim kullun qad ‘alima Salaatahoo wa tasbeehah; wallaahu ‘aleemum bimaa yaf’aloon
- Wa lillaahi mulkus samaawaati wal ardi wa ilal laahil maseer
- Alam tara annal laaha yuzjee sahaaban summa yu’allifu bainahoo summa yaj’aluhoo rukaaman fataral wadqa yakhruju min khilaalihee wa yunazzilu minas samaaa’i min jibaalin feehaa mim baradin fa yuseebu bihee mai yashaaa’u wa yasrifuhoo ‘am mai yashaaa’u yakkaadu sanaa barqihee yazhabu bil absaar
- Yuqallibul laahul laila wannahaar; inna fee zaalika la’ibratal li ulil absaar
- Wallaahu khalaqa kulla daaabbatim mim maaa’in faminhum mai yamshee ‘alaa batnihee wa minhum mai yamshee ‘alaa rijlaine wa minhum mai yamshee ‘alaaa arba’; yakhluqul laahu maa yashaaa’; innal laaha ‘alaa kulli shai’in Qadeer
- Laqad anzalnaaa Aayaatim mubaiyinaat; wallaahu yahdee mai yashaaa’u ilaa Siraatim Mustaqeem
- Wa yaqooloona aamannaa billaahi wa bir Rasooli wa ata’naa summa yatawallaa fareequm minhum mim ba’di zaalik; wa maaa ulaaa’ika bilmu’mineen
- Wa izaa du’ooo ilal laahi wa Rasoolihee li yahkuma bainahum izaa fareequm minhum mu’ridoon
- Wa iny-yakul lahumul haqqu yaatooo ilaihi muz’ineen
- Afee quloobihim maradun amirtaabooo am yakhaafoona any yaheefallaahu ‘alaihim wa Rasooluh; bal ulaaa’ika humuz zaalimoon (section 6)
- Innamaa kaana qawlal mu’mineena izaa du’ooo ilal laahi wa Rasoolihee li yahkuma bainahum ai yaqooloo sami’naa wa ata’naa; wa ulaaa’ika humul muflihoon
- Wa mai yuti’il laaha wa Rasoolahoo wa yakhshal laaha wa yattaqhi fa ulaaa’ika humul faaa’izoon
- Wa aqsamoo billaahi jahda aimaanihim la’in amartahum la yakhrujunna qul laa tuqsimoo taa’atum ma’roofah innal laaha khabeerum bimaa ta’maloon
- Qul atee’ul laaha wa atee’ur Rasoola fa in tawallaw fa innamaa ‘alaihi maa hummila wa ‘alaikum maa hummiltum wa in tutee’oohu tahtadoo; wa maa’alar Rasooli illal balaaghul mubeen
- Wa’adal laahul lazeena aamanoo minkum wa ‘amilus saalihaati la yastakhlifan nahum fil ardi kamastakh lafal lazeena min qablihim wa la yumakkinanna lahum deenahumul lazir tadaa lahum wa la yubaddilannahum mim ba’di khawfihim amnaa; ya’budoonanee laayushrikoona bee shai’aa; wa man kafara ba’da zaalika fa ulaaa’ika humul faasiqoon
- Wa aqeemus Salaata wa aatuz Zakaata wa atee’ur Rasoola la’allakum turhamoon
- Laa tahsabannal lazeena kafaroo mu’jizeena fil ard; wa maawaahumun Naaru wa labi’sal maseer (section 7)
- Yaaa aiyuhal lazeena aamanoo li yasta’zinkumul lazeena malakat aimaanukum wallazeena lam yablughul huluma minkum salaasa marraat; min qabli Salaatil Fajri wa heena tada’oona siyaa bakum minaz zaheerati wa min ba’di Salaatil Ishaaa’; salaasu ‘awraatil lakum; laisa ‘alaikum wa laa ‘alaihim junaahun ba’dahunn; tawwaafoona ‘alaikum ba’dukum ‘alaa ba’d; kazaalika yubaiyinul laahu lakumul aayaat; wallahu ‘Aleemun Hakeem
- Wa izaa balaghal atfaalu minkumul huluma fal yasta’zinoo kamas ta’zanal lazeena min qablihim; kazaalika yubaiyinul laahu lakum Aayaatih; wallaahu ‘Aleemun Hakeem
- Walqawaa’idu minan nisaaa’il laatee laa yarjoona nikaahan fa laisa ‘alaihinna junaahun ai yada’na siyaabahunna ghaira mutabarrijaatin bi zeenah; wa ai yasta’fif na khairul lahunn; wallaahu Samee’un ‘Aleem
- Laisa ‘alal a’maa harajunw wa laa ‘alal a’raji harajunw wa laa ‘alal mareedi harajun wa laa ‘alaa anfusikum ‘an ta’kuloo min buyootikum aw buyooti aabaaa’ikum aw buyooti ummahaatikum aw buyooti ikhwaanikum aw buyooti akhawaatikum aw buyooti a’maamikum aw buyooti ‘ammaatikum aw buyooti akhwaalikum aw buyooti khaalaatikum aw maa malaktum mafaatihahooo aw sadeeqikum; laisa ‘alaikum junaahun ‘an ta’kuloo jamee’an aw ashtaata; fa izaa dakhaltum buyootan fa sallimoo ‘alaaa anfusikum tahiyyatan min ‘indil laahi mubaarakatan taiyibah; kazaalika yubai yinul laahu lakumul Aayaati la’allakum ta’qiloon (section 8)
- Innamal mu’minoonal lazeena aamanoo billaahi wa Rasoolihee wa izaa kaanoo ma’ahoo ‘alaaa amrin jaami’il lam yazhaboo hattaa yasta’zinooh; innal lazeena yasta’zinoonaka ulaaa’ikal lazeena yu’minoona billaahi wa Rasoolih; fa izas ta’zanooka li ba’di sha’nihim fa’zal liman shi’ta minhum wastaghfir lahumul laah; innal laaha Ghafoorur Raheem
- Laa taj’aloo du’aaa’ar Rasooli bainakum ka du’aaa’i ba’dikum ba’daa; qad ya’lamul laahul lazeena yatasallaloona minkum liwaazaa; fal yahzaril lazeena yukhaalifoona ‘an amriheee ‘an tuseebahum fitnatun aw yuseebahum ‘azaabun aleem
- ‘Alaaa inna lillaahi maa fis samaawaati wal ardi qad ya’lamu maaa antum ‘alaihi wa Yawma yurja’oona ilaihi fa yunabbi’uhum bimaa ‘amiloo; wallaahu bikulli shai’in ‘Aleem (section 9)
Surah Al-Noor Tafseer in English
How many verses in Surah Al-Noor
How many Ruku in Surah Al-Noor
In which location Surah Al-Noor appears