Surah Al-Hajj, the 22nd chapter of the Quran, was revealed in Medina. It has 78 verses. The primary subject matter of Surah Al-Hajj is the annual pilgrimage to Mecca. The first part of the surah deals with the importance of the Hajj, while the second part focuses on the Battle of Badr.
The Hajj is one of the five pillars of Islam, and it is obligatory for every able-bodied Muslim to perform it at least once in their lifetime. The Hajj is a journey to the holy city of Mecca, in Saudi Arabia, and it is a time of spiritual reflection and renewal.
The Hajj is a time when Muslims from all over the world come together to remember their common faith and reaffirm their commitment to Allah. It is also a time for forgiveness and for making peace with those who have wronged us.
The Battle of Badr was a military engagement that took place in the year 624 CE, during the early days of Islam. The battle was fought between the Muslim army, led by the Prophet Muhammad, and the Meccan army. The Muslims were outnumbered and outgunned, but they were victorious.
The Battle of Badr is significant because it was the first major victory for the Muslims, and it proved that Allah was on their side. The victory also boosted the morale of the Muslim community and strengthened their resolve to fight for their beliefs.
Surah Al-Hajj is a reminder to all Muslims that Allah is always with those who are righteous and that He will help them overcome their enemies. It is also a reminder of the importance of the Hajj and the need to perform it with sincerity and humility.
Surah Al-Hajj Arabic
Surah Al-Hajj English Translation
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- O mankind! fear your Lord! for the convulsion of the Hour (of Judgment) will be a thing terrible!
- The Day ye shall see it, every mother giving suck shall forget her suckling-babe, and every pregnant female shall drop her load (unformed): thou shalt see mankind as in a drunken riot, yet not drunk: but dreadful will be the Wrath of Allah.
- And yet among men there are such as dispute about Allah, without knowledge, and follow every evil one obstinate in rebellion!
- About the (Evil One) it is decreed that whoever turns to him for friendship, him will he lead astray, and he will guide him to the Penalty of the Fire.
- O mankind! if ye have a doubt about the Resurrection, (consider) that We created you out of dust, then out of sperm, then out of a leech-like clot, then out of a morsel of flesh, partly formed and partly unformed, in order that We may manifest (our power) to you; and We cause whom We will to rest in the wombs for an appointed term, then do We bring you out as babes, then (foster you) that ye may reach your age of full strength; and some of you are called to die, and some are sent back to the feeblest old age, so that they know nothing after having known (much), and (further), thou seest the earth barren and lifeless, but when We pour down rain on it, it is stirred (to life), it swells, and it puts forth every kind of beautiful growth (in pairs).
- This is so, because Allah is the Reality: it is He Who gives life to the dead, and it is He Who has power over all things.
- And verily the Hour will come: there can be no doubt about it, or about (the fact) that Allah will raise up all who are in the graves.
- Yet there is among men such a one as disputes about Allah, without Knowledge, without Guidance, and without a Book of Enlightenment,-
- (Disdainfully) bending his side, in order to lead (men) astray from the Path of Allah: for him there is disgrace in this life, and on the Day of Judgment We shall make him taste the Penalty of burning (Fire).
- (It will be said): “This is because of the deeds which thy hands sent forth, for verily Allah is not unjust to His servants.
- There are among men some who serve Allah, as it were, on the verge: if good befalls them, they are, therewith, well content; but if a trial comes to them, they turn on their faces: they lose both this world and the Hereafter: that is loss for all to see!
- They call on such deities, besides Allah, as can neither hurt nor profit them: that is straying far indeed (from the Way)!
- (Perhaps) they call on one whose hurt is nearer than his profit: evil, indeed, is the patron, and evil the companion (or help)!
- Verily Allah will admit those who believe and work righteous deeds, to Gardens, beneath which rivers flow: for Allah carries out all that He plans.
- If any think that Allah will not help him (His Messenger) in this world and the Hereafter, let him stretch out a rope to the ceiling and cut (himself) off: then let him see whether his plan will remove that which enrages (him)!
- Thus have We sent down Clear Signs; and verily Allah doth guide whom He will!
- Those who believe (in the Qur�an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians, Christians, Magians, and Polytheists,- Allah will judge between them on the Day of Judgment: for Allah is witness of all things.
- Seest thou not that to Allah bow down in worship all things that are in the heavens and on earth,- the sun, the moon, the stars; the hills, the trees, the animals; and a great number among mankind? But a great number are (also) such as are fit for Punishment: and such as Allah shall disgrace,- None can raise to honour: for Allah carries out all that He wills.
- These two antagonists dispute with each other about their Lord: But those who deny (their Lord),- for them will be cut out a garment of Fire: over their heads will be poured out boiling water.
- With it will be scalded what is within their bodies, as well as (their) skins.
- In addition there will be maces of iron (to punish) them.
- Every time they wish to get away therefrom, from anguish, they will be forced back therein, and (it will be said), “Taste ye the Penalty of Burning!”
- Allah will admit those who believe and work righteous deeds, to Gardens beneath which rivers flow: they shall be adorned therein with bracelets of gold and pearls; and their garments there will be of silk.
- For they have been guided (in this life) to the purest of speeches; they have been guided to the Path of Him Who is Worthy of (all) Praise.
- As to those who have rejected (Allah), and would keep back (men) from the Way of Allah, and from the Sacred Mosque, which We have made (open) to (all) men – equal is the dweller there and the visitor from the country – and any whose purpose therein is profanity or wrong-doing – them will We cause to taste of a most Grievous Penalty.
- Behold! We gave the site, to Abraham, of the (Sacred) House, (saying): “Associate not anything (in worship) with Me; and sanctify My House for those who compass it round, or stand up, or bow, or prostrate themselves (therein in prayer).
- “And proclaim the Pilgrimage among men: they will come to thee on foot and (mounted) on every kind of camel, lean on account of journeys through deep and distant mountain highways;
- “That they may witness the benefits (provided) for them, and celebrate the name of Allah, through the Days appointed, over the cattle which He has provided for them (for sacrifice): then eat ye thereof and feed the distressed ones in want.
- “Then let them complete the rites prescribed for them, perform their vows, and (again) circumambulate the Ancient House.”
- Such (is the Pilgrimage): whoever honours the sacred rites of Allah, for him it is good in the Sight of his Lord. Lawful to you (for food in Pilgrimage) are cattle, except those mentioned to you (as exception): but shun the abomination of idols, and shun the word that is false,-
- Being true in faith to Allah, and never assigning partners to Him: if anyone assigns partners to Allah, is as if he had fallen from heaven and been snatched up by birds, or the wind had swooped (like a bird on its prey) and thrown him into a far-distant place.
- Such (is his state): and whoever holds in honour the symbols of Allah, (in the sacrifice of animals), such (honour) should come truly from piety of heart.
- In them ye have benefits for a term appointed: in the end their place of sacrifice is near the Ancient House.
- To every people did We appoint rites (of sacrifice), that they might celebrate the name of Allah over the sustenance He gave them from animals (fit for food). But your god is One God: submit then your wills to Him (in Islam): and give thou the good news to those who humble themselves,-
- To those whose hearts when Allah is mentioned, are filled with fear, who show patient perseverance over their afflictions, keep up regular prayer, and spend (in charity) out of what We have bestowed upon them.
- The sacrificial camels we have made for you as among the symbols from Allah: in them is (much) good for you: then pronounce the name of Allah over them as they line up (for sacrifice): when they are down on their sides (after slaughter), eat ye thereof, and feed such as (beg not but) live in contentment, and such as beg with due humility: thus have We made animals subject to you, that ye may be grateful.
- It is not their meat nor their blood, that reaches Allah: it is your piety that reaches Him: He has thus made them subject to you, that ye may glorify Allah for His Guidance to you and proclaim the good news to all who do right.
- Verily Allah will defend (from ill) those who believe: verily, Allah loveth not any that is a traitor to faith, or show ingratitude.
- To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid;-
- (They are) those who have been expelled from their homes in defiance of right,- (for no cause) except that they say, “our Lord is Allah”. Did not Allah check one set of people by means of another, there would surely have been pulled down monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques, in which the name of Allah is commemorated in abundant measure. Allah will certainly aid those who aid his (cause);- for verily Allah is full of Strength, Exalted in Might, (able to enforce His Will).
- (They are) those who, if We establish them in the land, establish regular prayer and give regular charity, enjoin the right and forbid wrong: with Allah rests the end (and decision) of (all) affairs.
- If they treat thy (mission) as false, so did the peoples before them (with their prophets),- the People of Noah, and �Ad and Thamud;
- Those of Abraham and Lut;
- And the Companions of the Madyan People; and Moses was rejected (in the same way). But I granted respite to the Unbelievers, and (only) after that did I punish them: but how (terrible) was my rejection (of them)!
- How many populations have We destroyed, which were given to wrong-doing? They tumbled down on their roofs. And how many wells are lying idle and neglected, and castles lofty and well-built?
- Do they not travel through the land, so that their hearts (and minds) may thus learn wisdom and their ears may thus learn to hear? Truly it is not their eyes that are blind, but their hearts which are in their breasts.
- Yet they ask thee to hasten on the Punishment! But Allah will not fail in His Promise. Verily a Day in the sight of thy Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning.
- And to how many populations did I give respite, which were given to wrong-doing? in the end I punished them. To me is the destination (of all).
- Say: “O men! I am (sent) to you only to give a Clear Warning:
- “Those who believe and work righteousness, for them is forgiveness and a sustenance most generous.
- “But those who strive against Our Signs, to frustrate them,- they will be Companions of the Fire.”
- Never did We send a messenger or a prophet before thee, but, when he framed a desire, Satan threw some (vanity) into his desire: but Allah will cancel anything (vain) that Satan throws in, and Allah will confirm (and establish) His Signs: for Allah is full of Knowledge and Wisdom:
- That He may make the suggestions thrown in by Satan, but a trial for those in whose hearts is a disease and who are hardened of heart: verily the wrong-doers are in a schism far (from the Truth):
- And that those on whom knowledge has been bestowed may learn that the (Qur�an) is the Truth from thy Lord, and that they may believe therein, and their hearts may be made humbly (open) to it: for verily Allah is the Guide of those who believe, to the Straight Way.
- Those who reject Faith will not cease to be in doubt concerning (Revelation) until the Hour (of Judgment) comes suddenly upon them, or there comes to them the Penalty of a Day of Disaster.
- On that Day of Dominion will be that of Allah: He will judge between them: so those who believe and work righteous deeds will be in Gardens of Delight.
- And for those who reject Faith and deny our Signs, there will be a humiliating Punishment.
- Those who leave their homes in the cause of Allah, and are then slain or die,- On them will Allah bestow verily a goodly Provision: Truly Allah is He Who bestows the best provision.
- Verily He will admit them to a place with which they shall be well pleased: for Allah is All-Knowing, Most Forbearing.
- That (is so). And if one has retaliated to no greater extent than the injury he received, and is again set upon inordinately, Allah will help him: for Allah is One that blots out (sins) and forgives (again and again).
- That is because Allah merges night into day, and He merges day into night, and verily it is Allah Who hears and sees (all things).
- That is because Allah – He is the Reality; and those besides Him whom they invoke,- they are but vain Falsehood: verily Allah is He, Most High, Most Great.
- Seest thou not that Allah sends down rain from the sky, and forthwith the earth becomes clothed with green? for Allah is He Who understands the finest mysteries, and is well-acquainted (with them).
- To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth: for verily Allah,- He is free of all wants, Worthy of all Praise.
- Seest thou not that Allah has made subject to you (men) all that is on the earth, and the ships that sail through the sea by His Command? He withholds the sky (rain) from failing on the earth except by His leave: for Allah is Most Kind and Most Merciful to man.
- It is He Who gave you life, will cause you to die, and will again give you life: Truly man is a most ungrateful creature!
- To every People have We appointed rites and ceremonies which they must follow: let them not then dispute with thee on the matter, but do thou invite (them) to thy Lord: for thou art assuredly on the Right Way.
- If they do wrangle with thee, say, “Allah knows best what it is ye are doing.”
- “Allah will judge between you on the Day of Judgment concerning the matters in which ye differ.”
- Knowest thou not that Allah knows all that is in heaven and on earth? Indeed it is all in a Record, and that is easy for Allah.
- Yet they worship, besides Allah, things for which no authority has been sent down to them, and of which they have (really) no knowledge: for those that do wrong there is no helper.
- When Our Clear Signs are rehearsed to them, thou wilt notice a denial on the faces of the Unbelievers! they nearly attack with violence those who rehearse Our Signs to them. Say, “Shall I tell you of something (far) worse than these Signs? It is the Fire (of Hell)! Allah has promised it to the Unbelievers! and evil is that destination!”
- O men! Here is a parable set forth! listen to it! Those on whom, besides Allah, ye call, cannot create (even) a fly, if they all met together for the purpose! and if the fly should snatch away anything from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly. Feeble are those who petition and those whom they petition!
- No just estimate have they made of Allah: for Allah is He Who is strong and able to Carry out His Will.
- Allah chooses messengers from angels and from men for Allah is He Who hears and sees (all things).
- He knows what is before them and what is behind them: and to Allah go back all questions (for decision).
- O ye who believe! bow down, prostrate yourselves, and adore your Lord; and do good; that ye may prosper.
- And strive in His cause as ye ought to strive, (with sincerity and under discipline). He has chosen you, and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion; it is the cult of your father Abraham. It is He Who has named you Muslims, both before and in this (Revelation); that the Messenger may be a witness for you, and ye be witnesses for mankind! So establish regular Prayer, give regular Charity, and hold fast to Allah! He is your Protector – the Best to protect and the Best to help!
Transliteration of Surah Al-Hajj
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Yaaa ayyuhan naasuttaqoo Rabbakum; inna zalzalatas Saa’ati shai’un ‘azeem
- Yawma tarawnahaa tazhalu kullu murdi’atin ‘ammaaa arda’at wa tada’u kullu zaati hamlin hamlahaa wa tarannaasa sukaaraa wa maa hum bisukaaraa wa lakinna ‘azaabal laahi shadeed
- Wa minan naasi mai yujaadilu fil laahi bighairi ‘ilminw wa yattabi’u kullaa shaitaanim mareed
- Kutiba ‘alaihi annahoo man tawallaahu fa annahoo yudilluhoo wa yahdeehi ilaa ‘azaabis sa’eer
- Yaaa ayyuhan naasu in kuntum fee raibin minal ba’thi fa innaa khalaqnaakum min turaabin thumma min nutfatin thumma min ‘alaqatin thumma min mudghatin mukhallaqatinw wa ghairi mukhallaqatin linubaiyina lakum; wa nuqirru fil arhaami maa nashaaa’u ilaaa ajalin musamman thumma nukhrijukum tiflan thumma litablughooo ashuddakum wa minkum mai yutawaffa wa minkum mai yuraddu ilaaa arzalil ‘umuri likailaa ya’lama min ba’di ‘ilmin shai’aa; wa taral arda haamidatan fa izaaa anzalnaa ‘alaihal maaa’ah tazzat wa rabat wa ambatat min kulli zawjin baheej
- Zaalika bi annal laaha Huwal haqqu wa annahoo yuhyil mawtaa wa annahoo ‘alaakulli shai’in Qadeer
- Wa annas Saa’ata aatiya tul laa raiba feeha wa annal laaha yab’asuman fil quboor
- Wa minan naasi mai yujaadilu fil laahi bighairi ‘ilminw wa laa hudanw wa laa Kitaabim Muneer
- Saaniya ‘itfihee liyudilla ‘an sabeelil laahi lahoo fiddun yaa khizyunw wa nuzeequhoo Yawmal Qiyaamati ‘azaabal lhareeq
- Zaalika bimaa qaddamat yadaaka wa annal laaha laisa bizallaamil lil’abeed (section 1)
- Wa minan naasi mai ya’budul laaha ‘alaa harfin fa in asaabahoo khairunit maanna bihee wa in asaabat hu fitnatunin qalaba ‘alaa wajhihee khasirad dunyaa wal aakhirah; zaalika huwal khusraanul mubeen
- Yad’oo min doonil laahi maa laa yadurruhoo wa maa laa yanfa’uh’ zaalika huwad dalaalul ba’ed
- Yad’oo laman darruhooo aqrabu min naf’ih; labi’salmawlaa wa labi’sal ‘asheer
- Innal laaha yudkhilul lazeena aamanoo wa ‘amilus saalihaati jannaatin tajree min tahtihal anhaar; innal laaha yaf’alu maa yureed
- Man kaana yazunnu allai yansurahul laahu fid dunyaa wal aakhirati fal yamdud bisababin ilas samaaa’i summal yaqta’ falyanzur hal yuzhibanna kaiduhoo maa yagheez
- Wa kazaalika anzalnaahu aayaatim baiyinaatinw wa annal laaha yahdee mai yureed
- Innal lazeena aamanoo wallazeena haadoo was saabi’eena wan nasaaraa wal Majoosa wallazeena ashrakooo innal laaha yafsilu bainahum yawmal qiyaamah; innal laaha ‘alaa kulli shai’in shaheed
- Alam tara annal laaha yasjudu lahoo man fis samaawaati wa man fil ardi wash shamsu walqamaru wan nu joomu wal jibaalu wash shajaru wad dawaaabbu wa kaseerum minan naasi wa kaseerun haqqa ‘alaihil ‘azaab; wa mai yuhinil laahu famaa lahoo mim mukrim; innallaaha yaf’alu maa yashaaa (make sajda)
- Haazaani khasmaanikh tasamoo fee Rabbihim fal lazeena kafaroo qutti’at lahum siyaabum min naar; yusabbu min fawqi ru’oosihimul hameem
- Yusharu bihee maa fee butoonihim waljulood
- Wa lahum maqaami’u min hadeed
- Kullamaa araadooo any yakhrujoo minhaa min ghammin u’eedoo feeha wa zooqoo ‘azaabal hareeq (section 2)
- Innal laaha yudkhilul lazeena aamanoo wa ‘amilus saalihaati jannaatin tajree min tahtihal anhaaru yuhallawna feehaa min asaawira min zahabinw wa lu’lu’aa; wa libaasuhum feehaa hareer
- Wa hudooo ilat taiyibi minal qawli wa hudooo ilaaa siraatil hameed
- Innal lazeena kafaroo wa yasuddoona ‘an sabeelil laahi wal Masjidil Haraamil lazee ja’alnaahu linnaasi sawaaa’anil ‘aakifu feehi walbaad; wa mai yurid feehi bi ilhaadim bizulmin nuziqhu min ‘azaabin aleem (section 3)
- Wa iz bawwaanaa li Ibraaheema makaanal Baiti allaa tushrik bee shai’anw wa tahhir Baitiya litaaa’ifeena walqaaa’ imeena warrukka ‘is sujood
- Wa azzin fin naasi bil Hajji yaatooka rijaalanw wa ‘alaa kulli daamiriny yaateena min kulli fajjin ‘ameeq
- Li yashhadoo manaafi’a lahum wa yazkurus mal laahi feee ayyaamimma’loomaatin ‘alaa maa razaqahum mim baheematil an’aami fakuloo minhaa wa at’imul baaa’isal faqeer
- Summal yaqdoo tafasahum wal yoofoo nuzoorahum wal yattawwafoo bil Baitil ‘Ateeq
- Zaalika wa mai yu’azzim hurumaatil laahi fahuwa khairul lahoo ‘inda Rabbih; wa uhillat lakumul an’aamu illaa maa yutlaa ‘alaikum fajtanibur rijsa minal awsaani wajtaniboo qawlaz zoor
- Hunafaaa’a lillaahi ghaira mushrikeena bih; wa mai yushrik billaahi faka annamaa kharra minas samaaa’i fatakh tafuhut tairu aw tahwee bihir reehu bee makaanin saheeq
- Zaalika wa mai yu’azzim sha’aaa’iral laahi fa innahaa min taqwal quloob
- Lakum feehaa manaafi’u ilaaa ajalim musamman summa mahilluhaaa ilal Baitil ‘Ateeq (section 4)
- Wa likulli ummatin ja’alnaa mansakal liyazkurus mal laahi ‘alaa maa razaqahum mim baheematil an’aam; failaahukum ilaahunw Waahidun falahooo aslimoo; wa bashshiril mukhbiteen
- Allazeena izaa zukiral laahu wajilat quloobuhum wassaabireena ‘alaa maaa asaabahum walmuqeemis Salaati wa mimmaa razaqnaahum yunfiqoon
- Walbudna ja’alnaahaa lakum min sha’aaa’iril laahi lakum feehaa khairun fazkurusmal laahi ‘alaihaa sawaaff; fa izaa wajabat junoobuhaa fakuloo minhaa wa at’imul qaani’a walmu’tarr; kazaalika sakhkharnaahaa lakum la’allakum tashkuroon
- Lany yanaalal laaha luhoo muhaa wa laa dimaaa’uhaa wa laakiny yanaaluhut taqwaa minkum; kazaalika sakhkharhaa lakum litukabbirul laaha ‘alaa ma hadaakum; wa bashshirul muhsineen
- Innal laaha yudaafi’ ‘anil lazeena aamanoo; innal laaha laa yuhibbu kulla khawwaanin kafoor (section 5)
- Uzina lillazeena yuqaataloona bi annahum zulimoo; wa innal laaha ‘alaa nasrihim la Qaderr
- Allazeena ukhrijoo min diyaarihim bighairi haqqin illaaa any yaqooloo rabbunallaah; wa law laa daf’ul laahin naasa ba’dahum biba’dil lahuddimat sawaami’u wa biya’unw wa salawaatunw wa masaajidu yuzkaru feehasmul laahi kaseeraa; wa layansurannal laahu mai yansuruh; innal laaha la qawiyyun ‘Azeez
- Allazeena im makkan naahum fil ardi aqaamus Salaata wa aatawuz Zakaata wa amaroo bilma’roofi wa nahaw ‘anil munkar; wa lillaahi ‘aaqibatul umoor
- Wa iny yukazzibooka faqad kazzabat qablahum qawmu Noohinw wa Aadunw wa Samood
- Wa qawmu Ibraaheema wa qawmu Loot
- Wa as haabu Madyana wa kuzziba Moosaa fa amlaitu lilkaafireena summa akhaztuhum fakaifa kaana nakeer
- Faka ayyim min qaryatin ahlaknaahaa wa hiya zaalimatun fahiya khaawiyatun ‘alaa ‘urooshihaa wa bi’rim mu’at talatinw wa qasrim masheed
- Afalam yaseeroo fil ardi fatakoona lahum quloobuny ya’qiloona bihaaa aw aazaanuny yasma’oona bihaa fa innahaa laa ta’mal absaaru wa laakin ta’mal quloobul latee fissudoor
- Wa yasta’jiloonaka bil’azaabi wa lany yukhlifal laahu wa’dah; wa inna yawman ‘inda Rabbika ka’alfi sanatim mimmaa ta’uddoon
- Wa ka ayyim min qaryatin amlaitu lahaa wa hiya zaalimatun summa akhaztuhaa wa ilaiyal maseer (section 6)
- Qul yaaa ayyuhan naasu innamaaa ana lakum nazeerum mubeen
- Fallazeena aamanoo wa ‘amilus saalihaati lahum maghfiratunw wa rizqun kareem
- Wallazeena sa’aw feee Aayaatinaa mu’aajizeena ulaaa ika As-haabul jaheem
- Wa maaa arsalnaa min qablika mir Rasoolinnw wa laa Nabiyyin illaaa izaaa tamannaaa alqash Shaitaanu feee umniy yatihee fa yansakhul laahu maa yulqish Shaitaanu summa yuhkimul laahu aayaatih; wallaahu ‘Aleemun Hakeem
- Liyaj’ala maa yulqish Shaitaanu fitnatal lillazeena fee quloobihim maradunw walqaasiyati quloobuhum; wa innaz zaalimeena lafee shiqaaqim ba’eed
- Wa liya’lamal lazeena ootul ‘ilma annahul haqqu mir Rabbika fa yu’minoo bihee fatukhbita lahoo quloobuhum; wa innal laaha lahaadil lazeena aamanoo ilaa Siraatim Mustaqeem
- Wa laa yazaalul lazeena kafaroo fee miryatim minhu hattaa taatiyahumus Saa’atu baghtatan aw yaatiyahum ‘azaabu Yawmin ‘aqeem
- Almulku Yawma’izil lillaahi yahkumu bainahum; fallazeena aamanoo wa ‘amilus saalihaati fee jannaatin Na’eem
- Wallazeena kafaroo wa kazzaboo bi Aayaatinaa fa ulaaa’ika lahum ‘azaabum muheen (section 7)
- Wallazeena haajaroo fee sabeelil laahi summa qutilooo aw maatoo la yarzuqan nahumul laahu rizqan hasanaa; wa innal laaha la Huwa khairur raaziqeen
- La yudkhilan nahum mud khalany yardawnah; wa innal laaha la ‘Aleemun Haleem
- Zaalika wa man ‘aaqaba bimisli maa ‘ooqiba bihee summa bughiya ‘alaihi la yansurannahul laah; innal laaha la ‘Afuwwun Ghafoor
- Zaalika bi annal laaha yoolijul laila fin nahaari wa yoolijun nahaara fil laili wa annal laaha Samee’um Baseer
- Zaalika bi annal laaha Huwal haqqu wa anna maa yad’oona min doonihee huwal baatilu wa annal laaha Huwal ‘Aliyyul kabeer
- Alam tara annal laaha anzala minas samaaa’i maaa’an fatusbihul ardu mukhdarrah; innal laaha Lateefun Khabeer
- Lahoo ma fis samaawaati wa ma fil ard; wa innal laaha la Huwal Ghaniyyul Hameed (section 8)
- Alam tara annal laaha sakhkhara lakum maa fil ardi wal fulka tajree fil bahri bi amrihee wa yumsikus samaaa’a an taqa’a ‘alal ardi illaa biiznih; innal laaha binnaasi la Ra’oofur Raheem
- Wa Huwal lazee ahyaakum summa yumeetukum summa yuhyeekum; innal insaana la kafoor
- Likulli ummatin ja’alnaa mansakan hum naasikoohu falaa yunaazi ‘unnaka fil amr; wad’u ilaa Rabbika innaka la ‘alaa hudan mustaqeem
- Wa in jaadalooka faqulil laahu a’lamu bimaa ta’maloon
- Allaahu yahkumu bainakum Yawmal Qiyaamati feemaa kuntum feehi takhtalifoon
- Alam ta’lam annal laaha ya’lamu maa fis samaaa’i wal ard; inna zaalika fee kitaab; inna zaalika ‘alal laahi yaseer
- Wa ya’budoona min doonil laahi maa lam yunazzil bihee sultaananw wa maa laisa lahum bihee ‘ilm; wa maa lizzaalimeena min naseer
- Wa izaa tutlaa ‘alaihim Aayaatunaa baiyinaatin ta’rifu fee wujoohil lazeena kafarul munkara yakaadoona yastoona bil lazeena yatloona ‘alaihim Aayaatinaa; qul afa unab bi’ukum bisharrim min zaalikum; an Naaru wa ‘adahal laahul lazeena kafaroo wa bi’sal maseer (section 9)
- Yaaa ayyuhan naasu duriba masalun fastami’oo lah; innal lazeena tad’oona min doonil laahi lai yakhluqoo zubaabanw wa lawijtama’oo lahoo wa iny yaslub humuz zubaabu shai’an laa yastanqizoohu minh; da’ufat taalibu wal matloob
- Maa qadrul laaha haqqa qadrih; innal laaha la Qawiyyun ‘Azeez
- Allahu yastafee minal malaaa’ikati Rusulanw wa minan naas; innal laaha Samee’un Baseer
- Ya’lamu maa baina aydeehim wa maa khalfahum; wa ilal laahi turja’ul umoor
- Yaaa ayyuhal lazeena aamanur ka’oo wasjudoo wa’budoo Rabbakum waf’alul khaira la’allakum tuflihoon (make sajda)
- Wa jaahidoo fil laahi haqqa jihaadih; Huwaj tabaakum wa maa ja’ala ‘alaikum fid deeni min haraj; Millata abeekum Ibraaheem; Huwa sammaakumul muslimeena min qablu wa fee haaza li yakoonar Rasoolu shaheedan ‘alaikum wa takoonoo shuhadaaa’a ‘alan naas; fa aqeemus salaata wa aatuz zakaata wa’tasimoo billaahi Huwa mawlaakum fani’mal mawlaa wa ni’man naseer (section 10) (End Juz 17)
Surah Al-Hajj Tafseer in English
Also read : Surah Al-Anbiya | The Prophets
How many verses in Surah Al-Hajj
How many Ruku in Surah Al-Hajj
In which location Surah Al-Hajj appears