Surah Ibrahim is the 14th surah of the Qur’an, and it contains 52 verses. It is a Meccan surah, which means it was revealed in Mecca, and it is the second surah of the Qur’an to be revealed in Mecca.
The name of the surah comes from the mention of the prophet Abraham in verse 35. This is the only surah of the Qur’an in which the name of a prophet is mentioned in the title.
Surah Ibrahim is a very important surah, as it contains many fundamental teachings of Islam. Some of the topics covered in this surah include:
– The Oneness of Allah
– The importance of prayer
– The importance of giving to charity
– The importance of fasting
– The importance of pilgrimage
There are many Hadith about Surah Ibrahim, and it is one of the most popular surahs to recite. It is also one of the Surahs of the Qur’an that is specifically mentioned in the Hadith.
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “There is no surah in the Qur’an more beloved to me than Surah Ibrahim.” (Ibn Majah)
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) also said: “Recite the Qur’an, for it will come on the Day of Judgment as an intercessor for those who recite it.” (Ibn Majah)
Surah Ibrahim is a very important surah, and it contains many fundamental teachings of Islam. If you have not read it yet, be sure to do so, and if you have, be sure to recite it often.
Surah Ibrahim Arabic
Surah Ibrahim English Translation
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- A. L. R. A Book which We have revealed unto thee, in order that thou mightest lead mankind out of the depths of darkness into light – by the leave of their Lord – to the Way of (Him) the Exalted in power, worthy of all praise!-
- Of Allah, to Whom do belong all things in the heavens and on earth! But alas for the Unbelievers for a terrible penalty (their Unfaith will bring them)!-
- Those who love the life of this world more than the Hereafter, who hinder (men) from the Path of Allah and seek therein something crooked: they are astray by a long distance.
- We sent not a messenger except (to teach) in the language of his (own) people, in order to make (things) clear to them. Now Allah leaves straying those whom He pleases and guides whom He pleases: and He is Exalted in power, full of Wisdom.
- We sent Moses with Our signs (and the command). “Bring out thy people from the depths of darkness into light, and teach them to remember the Days of Allah.” Verily in this there are Signs for such as are firmly patient and constant,- grateful and appreciative.
- Remember! Moses said to his people: “Call to mind the favour of Allah to you when He delivered you from the people of Pharaoh: they set you hard tasks and punishments, slaughtered your sons, and let your women-folk live: therein was a tremendous trial from your Lord.”
- And remember! your Lord caused to be declared (publicly): “If ye are grateful, I will add more (favours) unto you; But if ye show ingratitude, truly My punishment is terrible indeed.”
- And Moses said: “If ye show ingratitude, ye and all on earth together, yet is Allah free of all wants, worthy of all praise.
- Has not the story reached you, (O people!), of those who (went) before you? – of the people of Noah, and �Ad, and Thamud? – And of those who (came) after them? None knows them but Allah. To them came messengers with Clear (Signs); but they put their hands up to their mouths, and said: “We do deny (the mission) on which ye have been sent, and we are really in suspicious (disquieting) doubt as to that to which ye invite us.”
- Their messengers said: “Is there a doubt about Allah, The Creator of the heavens and the earth? It is He Who invites you, in order that He may forgive you your sins and give you respite for a term appointed!” They said: “Ah! ye are no more than human, like ourselves! Ye wish to turn us away from the (gods) our fathers used to worship: then bring us some clear authority.”
- Their messengers said to them: “True, we are human like yourselves, but Allah doth grant His grace to such of his servants as He pleases. It is not for us to bring you an authority except as Allah permits. And on Allah let all men of faith put their trust.
- “No reason have we why we should not put our trust on Allah. Indeed He Has guided us to the Ways we (follow). We shall certainly bear with patience all the hurt you may cause us. For those who put their trust should put their trust on Allah.”
- And the Unbelievers said to their messengers: “Be sure we shall drive you out of our land, or ye shall return to our religion.” But their Lord inspired (this Message) to them: “Verily We shall cause the wrong-doers to perish!
- “And verily We shall cause you to abide in the land, and succeed them. This for such as fear the Time when they shall stand before My tribunal,- such as fear the punishment denounced.”
- But they sought victory and decision (there and then), and frustration was the lot of every powerful obstinate transgressor.
- In front of such a one is Hell, and he is given, for drink, boiling fetid water.
- In gulps will he sip it, but never will he be near swallowing it down his throat: death will come to him from every quarter, yet will he not die: and in front of him will be a chastisement unrelenting.
- The parable of those who reject their Lord is that their works are as ashes, on which the wind blows furiously on a tempestuous day: No power have they over aught that they have earned: that is the straying far, far (from the goal).
- Seest thou not that Allah created the heavens and the earth in Truth? If He so will, He can remove you and put (in your place) a new creation?
- Nor is that for Allah any great matter.
- They will all be marshalled before Allah together: then will the weak say to those who were arrogant, “For us, we but followed you; can ye then avail us to all against the wrath of Allah?” They will reply, “If we had received the Guidance of Allah, we should have given it to you: to us it makes no difference (now) whether we rage, or bear (these torments) with patience: for ourselves there is no way of escape.”
- And Satan will say when the matter is decided: “It was Allah Who gave you a promise of Truth: I too promised, but I failed in my promise to you. I had no authority over you except to call you but ye listened to me: then reproach not me, but reproach your own souls. I cannot listen to your cries, nor can ye listen to mine. I reject your former act in associating me with Allah. For wrong-doers there must be a grievous penalty.”
- But those who believe and work righteousness will be admitted to gardens beneath which rivers flow,- to dwell therein for aye with the leave of their Lord. Their greeting therein will be: “Peace!”
- Seest thou not how Allah sets forth a parable? – A goodly word like a goodly tree, whose root is firmly fixed, and its branches (reach) to the heavens,- of its Lord. So Allah sets forth parables for men, in order that they may receive admonition.
- It brings forth its fruit at all times, by the leave of its Lord. So Allah sets forth parables for men, in order that they may receive admonition.
- And the parable of an evil Word is that of an evil tree: It is torn up by the root from the surface of the earth: it has no stability.
- Allah will establish in strength those who believe, with the word that stands firm, in this world and in the Hereafter; but Allah will leave, to stray, those who do wrong: Allah doeth what He willeth.
- Hast thou not turned thy vision to those who have changed the favour of Allah. Into blasphemy and caused their people to descend to the House of Perdition?-
- Into Hell? They will burn therein,- an evil place to stay in!
- And they set up (idols) as equal to Allah, to mislead (men) from the Path! Say: “Enjoy (your brief power)! But verily ye are making straightway for Hell!”
- Speak to my servants who have believed, that they may establish regular prayers, and spend (in charity) out of the sustenance we have given them, secretly and openly, before the coming of a Day in which there will be neither mutual bargaining nor befriending.
- It is Allah Who hath created the heavens and the earth and sendeth down rain from the skies, and with it bringeth out fruits wherewith to feed you; it is He Who hath made the ships subject to you, that they may sail through the sea by His command; and the rivers (also) hath He made subject to you.
- And He hath made subject to you the sun and the moon, both diligently pursuing their courses; and the night and the day hath he (also) made subject to you.
- And He giveth you of all that ye ask for. But if ye count the favours of Allah, never will ye be able to number them. Verily, man is given up to injustice and ingratitude.
- Remember Abraham said: “O my Lord! make this city one of peace and security: and preserve me and my sons from worshipping idols.
- “O my Lord! they have indeed led astray many among mankind; He then who follows my (ways) is of me, and he that disobeys me,- but Thou art indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
- “O our Lord! I have made some of my offspring to dwell in a valley without cultivation, by Thy Sacred House; in order, O our Lord, that they may establish regular Prayer: so fill the hearts of some among men with love towards them, and feed them with fruits: so that they may give thanks.
- “O our Lord! truly Thou dost know what we conceal and what we reveal: for nothing whatever is hidden from Allah, whether on earth or in heaven.
- “Praise be to Allah, Who hath granted unto me in old age Isma�il and Isaac: for truly my Lord is He, the Hearer of Prayer!
- O my Lord! make me one who establishes regular Prayer, and also (raise such) among my offspring O our Lord! and accept Thou my Prayer.
- “O our Lord! cover (us) with Thy Forgiveness – me, my parents, and (all) Believers, on the Day that the Reckoning will be established!
- Think not that Allah doth not heed the deeds of those who do wrong. He but giveth them respite against a Day when the eyes will fixedly stare in horror,-
- They running forward with necks outstretched, their heads uplifted, their gaze returning not towards them, and their hearts a (gaping) void!
- So warn mankind of the Day when the Wrath will reach them: then will the wrong-doers say: “Our Lord! respite us (if only) for a short term: we will answer Thy call, and follow the messengers!” “What! were ye not wont to swear aforetime that ye should suffer no decline?
- “And ye dwelt in the dwellings of men who wronged their own souls; ye were clearly shown how We dealt with them; and We put forth (many) parables in your behoof!”
- Mighty indeed were the plots which they made, but their plots were (well) within the sight of Allah, even though they were such as to shake the hills!
- Never think that Allah would fail his messengers in His promise: for Allah is Exalted in power, – the Lord of Retribution.
- One day the earth will be changed to a different earth, and so will be the heavens, and (men) will be marshalled forth, before Allah, the One, the Irresistible;
- And thou wilt see the sinners that day bound together in fetters;-
- Their garments of liquid pitch, and their faces covered with Fire;
- That Allah may requite each soul according to its deserts; and verily Allah is swift in calling to account.
- Here is a Message for mankind: Let them take warning therefrom, and let them know that He is (no other than) One Allah: let men of understanding take heed.
Transliteration of Surah Ibrahim
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Alif-Laaam-Raa; Kitaabun anzalnaahu ilaika litukhrijan-naasa minaz zulumaati ilan noori bi-izni Rabbihim ilaa siraatil ‘Azeezil Hameed
- Allaahil lazee lahoo maa fis samaawaati wa maa fill ard; wa wailul lilkaafireena min ‘azaabin shadeed
- Allazeena yastahibboo nal hayaatad dunyaa ‘alal aakhirati wa yasuddoona ‘ansabeelil laahi wa yabghoonahaa ‘iwajaa; ulaaa ‘ika fee dalaalin ba’eed
- Wa maaa arsalnaa mir Rasoolin illaa bilisaani qawmihee liyubaiyina lahum fa yudillul laahu mai yashaaa’u wa yahdee mai yashaaa’; wa Huwal ‘Azeezul Hakeem
- Wa laqad arsalnaa Moosaa bi Aayaatinaa an akhrij qawmaka minaz zulumaati ilan noori wa zak kirhum bi ayyaamil laah; inna fee zaalika la aayaatil likulli sabbaarin shakoor
- Wa iz qaala Moosaa liqawmihiz kuroo ni’matal laahi ‘alaikum iz anjaakum min Aali Fir’awna yasoomoo nakum sooo’al ‘azaabi wa yuzabbihoona abnaaa’akum wa yastahyoona nisaaa’akum; wa fee zaalikum balaaa’un mir Rabbikum ‘azeem (section 1)
- Wa iz ta azzana Rabbukum la’in shakartum la azeedannakum wa la’in kafartum inna ‘azaabee lashadeed
- Wa qaala Moosaaa in takfurooo antum wa man fil ardi jamee’an fa innal laaha la Ghaniyyun Hameed
- Alam ya’tikum naba’ul lazeena min qablikum qawmi Noohinw wa ‘Aadinw wa Samood, wallazeena mim ba’dihim; laa ya’lamuhum illallaah; jaaa’at hum Rusuluhum bilbaiyinaati faraddooo aydiyahum feee afwaahihim wa qaalooo innaa kafarnaa bimaaa ursiltum bihee wa innaa lafee shakkim mimmaa tad’oonanaaa ilaihi mureeb
- Qaalat Rusuluhum afillaahi shakkun faatiris samaawaati wal ardi yad’ookum liyaghfira lakum min zunoobikum wa yu’akhirakum ilaaa ajalin musammaa; qaaloo in antum illaa basharum mislunaa tureedoona an tasuddoonaa ‘ammaa kaana ya’budu aabaaa’unaa fa’toonaa bi sultaanin mubeen
- Qaalat lahum Rusuluhum in nahnu illaa basharum mislukum wa laakinnal laaha yamunnu ‘alaa mai yashaaa’u min ‘ibaadihee wa maa kaana lanaaa an na’tiyakum bisul taanin illaa bi iznil laah; wa ‘alal laahi falyatawakkalil mu’minoon
- Wa maa lanaa allaa natawakkala ‘alal laahi wa qad hadaanaa subulanaa; wa lanasbiranna ‘alaa maaa aazaitumoonaa; wa ‘alal laahi falyatawakkalil mutawakkiloon (section 2)
- Wa qaalal lazeena kafaroo li Rusulihim lanukhrijanna kum min aardinaaa aw la ta’oodunna fee millatinaa fa awhaaa ilaihim Rabbuhum lanuhlikannaz zaalimeen
- Wa lanuskinan nakumul arda min ba’dihim; zaalika liman khaafa maqaamee wa khaafa wa’eed
- Wastaftahoo wa khaaba kullu jabbaarin ‘aneed
- Minw waraaa’ihee jahannamu wa yusqaa min maaa’in sadeed
- Yatajarra’uhoo wa laa yakaadu yuseeghuhoo wa ya’teehil mawtu min kulli makaaninw wa maa huwa bimaiyitinw wa minw waraaa’ihee ‘azaabun ghaleez
- Masalul lazeena kafaroo bi Rabbihim; a’maaluhum karamaadinish taddat bihir reehu fee yawmin ‘aasifin; laa yaqdiroona mimmaa kasaboo ‘alaa shai’; zaalika huwad dalaalul ba’eed
- Alam tara annal laaha khalaqas samaawaati wal arda bilhaqq; iny yasha yuzhibkum wa ya’ti bikhalqin jadeed
- Wa maa zaalika ‘alal laahi bi ‘azeez
- Wa barazoo lillaahi jamee’an faqaalad du’afaaa’u lil lazeenas takbarooo innaa kunnaa lakum taba’an fahal antum mughnoona ‘annaa min ‘azaabil laahi min shai’; qaaloo law hadaanal laahu la hadaynaakum sawaaa’un ‘alainaaa ajazi’naa am sabarnaa maa lanaa min mahees (section 3)
- Wa qaalash Shaitaanu lammaa qudiyal amru innal laaha wa’adakum wa’dal haqqi wa wa’attukum fa akhlaftukum wa maa kaana liya ‘alaikum min sultaanin illaaa an da’awtukum fastajabtum lee falaa taloomoonee wa loomooo anfusakum maaa ana bimusrikhikum wa maaa antum bimusrikhiyya innee kafartu bimaaa ashraktumooni min qabl; innaz zaalimeena lahum azaabun aleem
- Wa udkhilal lazeena aamanoo wa ‘amilus saalihaati Jannaatin tajree min tahtihal anhaaru khaalideena feehaa bi izni Rabbihim tahiyyatuhum feeha salaam
- Alam tara kaifa darabal laahu masalan kalimatan taiyibatan kashajaratin taiyibatin asluhaa saabitunw wa far’uhaa fis samaaa’
- Tu’teee ukulahaa kulla heenim bi izni Rabbihaa; wa yadribul laahul amsaala linnaasi la’allahum yatazak karoon
- Wa masalu kalimatin khabeesatin kashajaratin khabee satinij tussat min fawqil ardi maa lahaa min qaraar
- Yusabbitul laahul lazeena aamanoo bilqawlis saabiti fil hayaatid dunyaa wa fil Aakhirati wa yudillul laahuz zaalimeen; wa yaf’alul laahu maa yashaaa’ (section 4)
- Alam tara ilal lazeena baddaloo ni’matal laahi kufranw wa ahalloo qawmahum daaral bawaar
- Jahannama yaslawnahaa wa bi’sal qaraar
- Wa ja’aloo lillaahi andaadal liyudilloo ‘an sabeelih; qul tamatta’oo fa innaa maseerakum ilan Naar
- Qul li’ibaadiyal lazeena aamanoo yuqeemus Salaata wa yunfiqoo mimmaa razaqnaahum sirranw wa ‘alaaniyatam min qabli any yaatiya Yawmul laa bai’un feehi wa laa khilaal
- Allaahul lazee khalaqas samaawaati wal arda wa anzala minas samaaa’i maaa’an faakhraja bihee minas samaraati rizqal lakum wa sakhkhara lakumul fulka litajriya fil bahri bi amrihee wa sakhkhara lakumul anhaar
- Wa sakhkhara lakumush shamsa walqamara daaa’ibaini wa sakhkhara lakumul laila wannahaar
- Wa aataakum min kulli maa sa altumooh; wa in ta’uddoo ni’matal laahi laa tuhsoohaa; innal insaana lazaloo mun kaffaar (section 5)
- Wa iz qaala Ibraaheemu Rabbij ‘al haazal balada aaminanw wajnubnee wa baniyya an na’budal asnaam
- Rabbi innahunna adlalna kaseeram minan naasi faman tabi’anee fa innahoo minnee wa man ‘asaanee fa innaka Ghafoorur Raheem
- Rabbanaaa inneee askantu min zurriyyatee biwaadin ghairi zee zar’in ‘inda Baitikal Muharrami Rabbanaa liyuqeemus Salaata faj’al af’idatam minan naasi tahweee ilaihim warzuqhum minas samaraati la’allahum yashkuroon
- Rabbanaaa innaka ta’lamu maa nukhfee wa maa nu’lin; wa maa yakhfaa ‘alal laahi min shai’in fil ardi wa laa fis samaaa’
- Alhamdu lillaahil lazee wahaba lee ‘alal kibari Ismaa’eela wa Ishaaq; inna Rabbee lasamee’ud du’aaa
- Rabbij ‘alnee muqeemas Salaati wa min zurriyyatee Rabbanaa wa taqabbal du’aaa’
- Rabbanagh fir lee wa liwaalidaiya wa lilmu’mineena Yawma yaqoomul hisaab (section 6)
- Wa laa tahsabannal laaha ghaafilan ‘ammaa ya’maluz zaalimoon; innamaa yu’akh khiruhum li Yawmin tashkhasu feehil absaar
- Muhti’eena muqni’ee ru’oosihim laa yartaddu ilaihim tarfuhum wa af’idatuhum hawaaa’
- Wa anzirin naasa Yawma yaateehimul ‘azaabu fa yaqoolul lazeena zalamoo Rabbanaaa akhkhirnaaa ilaaa ajalin qareebin nujib da’wataka wa nattabi ‘ir Rusul; awalam takoonooo aqsamtum min qablu maa lakum min zawaal
- Wa sakantum fee masaakinil lazeena zalamooo anfusahum wa tabaiyana lakum kaifa fa’alnaa bihim wa darabnaa lakumul amsaal
- Wa qad makaroo makrahum wa ‘indal laahi makruhum wa in kaana makruhum litazoola minhul jibaal
- Falaa tahsabannal laaha mukhlifa wa’dihee Rusulah; innal laaha ‘azeezun zuntiqaam
- Yawma tubaddalul ardu ghairal ardi wassamaawaatu wa barazoo lillaahil Waahidil Qahhaar
- Wa taral mujrimeena Yawma ‘izim muqarraneena filasfaad
- Saraabeeluhum min qatiraaninw wa taghshaa wujoohahumun Naar
- Liyajziyal laahu kulla nafsim maa kasabat; innal laaha saree’ul hisaab
- Haaza balaaghul linnaasi wa liyunzaroo bihee wa liya’lamooo annamaa Huwa Illaahunw Waahidunw wa liyaz zakkara ulul albaab (section 7) (End Juz 13)
Surah Ibrahim Tafseer in English
How many verses in Surah Ibrahim
How many Ruku in Surah Ibrahim
Which location Surah Ibrahim appeared